New Here from Virginia

SlowHuck

New to this forum but not to RC. Been flying since the early '60s. I am new to foam and Park flyers, however. I live across the street from an athletic field and am not sure about the legality of flying there although I've snuck a few flights in here and there. Colonial Heights Virginia. would like to look into securing this spot as a flying field. Any advice appreciated. Get in touch with me if you're nearby and like-minded.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
I’ve had good luck just asking permission from the powers that be. Giving them a demonstration is always a good idea.

SlowHuck

I was thinking about the program that FTCA offers to designate flying sites. Couldn't find information about it on the FTCA website.

MaxTheFliteFreak

I never have problems flying where ever I like as the regulations imposed upon my country are minor, but it's always good to ask. It is, however, always good to ask and make sure. I love athletics fields because they are large and the track provides a lovely runway almost anywhere.

SlowHuck

I never have problems flying where ever I like as the regulations imposed upon my country are minor, but it's always good to ask. It is, however, always good to ask and make sure. I love athletics fields because they are large and the track provides a lovely runway almost anywhere.
Actually, it's a sports complex with 3 full-size soccer fields and a skate park. The biggest downside is the forest of light poles. 😵‍💫