New member.

cranky old fart

Hello everyone . Glad I got back in to rc & found flite test. Have been out of rc for 10 years & things have changed a bit. Quadcopter so kool went out a bought one. Thanks everyone for all the utube videos that help me decide on qx180 my 1st drone.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Welcome to the forum! Always good to have new addicts...err members around. The 180 appears to be a very good beginner quad, good choice on that one!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Welcome to FliteTest!!! Pretty good bunch around here! Always helpful and ready to lend a hand!

Let us know how it goes with the 180!

cranky old fart

Thanks guys . 180 qx flow 1 time just has been to windy but does seem to be quite the little machine can't wait to get more stick time. Never did forum before have to get used to it. Have a great day..

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Welcome to the community.

I was out of the RC hobby for 25 yrs. My daughter turned me on to coaxial helicopters and that led to a fixed pitch heli. When that broke, I used the brick to make a plane from foam blocks. A search for advice on improvements brought me to Flite Test. I got addicted. Been folding foam since.

Now, we just need to get you to Flite Fest 2015.

Micah

Hello everyone . Glad I got back in to rc & found flite test. Have been out of rc for 10 years & things have changed a bit. Quadcopter so kool went out a bought one. Thanks everyone for all the utube videos that help me decide on qx180 my 1st drone.

I too am making my resurgence into this hobby. I've had a bunch of cars, a boat in the last 15 or so years, but I have only flown a single park flyer sized airplane in that time. Before that, I was heavy into RC since I was extremely young.. I had flown pretty much everything from speed flyers, warbirds, biplanes, quarter scale, etc... but a couple weekends ago I flew my first plane since those days... a Great Planes S.E.5a that I've had for some time. I have several planes I've purchased in a hopes of returning to the hobby, but only until that weekend did I actually put something up. I had this plane so long, it was unfinished and Great Planes discontinued it!

The flight was amazing and after brushing some cobbwebs off, it was just like riding a bike. I did touch and gos, rolls, loops, etc... Only until my ESC cut power to everything did I fall out of the sky. Luckily with only minor scrapes and a broken prop.

I just built my first quadcopter as well... This hobby is SO different since the olden days, but SO MUCH MORE exciting and easy! I have far fewer problems crashing thanks to FliteTest and am glad to see others returning due to the fun they instill in the hobby.

--Micah