New to RC

mpeek

Hello all. I am brand spanking new to RC. I bought a cheap drone about a month ago and love flying it. I then started watching all kinds of youtube videos of drones and airplanes. I stumbled onto flite test's videos and got hooked. I built a chuck glider from from the tiny trainer. It was very fun and satisfying to build. Flew it a few times. That didn't go as well as I hoped. I need to rebuild the nose and work on the CG. I would like to get it transformed into my first powered RC airplane, but need to save up a little for it first. I am looking at getting the Spektrum dx6e as my first transmitter. I am hopeful to get this in the next few months, but we will have to see on the timing. I am also a teacher and the stem activities look like a lot of fun. I am interested to do some more reading about those and come up with ways to incorporate it in my school. I am looking forward to learning more about this hobby from all of you and am very glad that I came across this website.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Welcome to the forums, if you ever need advice or help with anything just ask and we'll do our best to help. Being a student finishing my third year of high school I would have loved to have a stem course with planes, I tried to start one but I couldn't find a teacher to do it. I would go for it, FT has a whole stem curriculum that can be found here.