New user says Hi ... and Kraken pusher build

Hey now...I consider my manual transmission to be a theft deterrent! :) That said, after driving a heavy race clutch in Los Angeles stop n' go traffic where you move 5 miles in an hour, I'm REALLY contemplating an automatic or a "manumatic" transmission like what's popular in the BMWs these days...My left knee isn't what it used to be.

I tried to fly a mode 1, and I couldn't do it...Maybe it's because I grew up driving RC cars with them all Mode 2, back in the day before cars all went to a pistol grip throttle and steering wheel. I can see where the appeal is, just INCREDIBLY hard to retrain my brain.

😂
I didn't think about the stick to be an anti-theft system... but fair enough...
To be honest I'm being completely dishonest (but sometimes it feels good) Mode1 doesn't make more or less sense than mode2 ... my ultralight planes flying lesson I was flying "left hand" so left seat and left hand throttle... (hate this freaking cross wind... why does it always come from the right ? 😁)

JTarmstr

Elite member
Sorry about the crash, looks like the damage can be patched up though.

I always fly mode two just because I trained myself on it and I prefer to be able to leave the throttle at a certain position if I want to adjust something else. That said, mode 1 seems better for launching by yourself, you have 50% throttle and you can leave the elevator in a certain position. Also whats a manual car? just kidding.

Hi y'all ...
Ok so second launch not conclusive because of wife not running fast enough with her high heels shoes... love you wife but you suck at launching planes...😎...
Soooo i built a gizmo similar to this one... a bungee launcher they say...
I can't wait to try it this week end ...
tim's bungee launcher.jpg