Fairly new to the hobby. First Scratch Build and Maiden flight - FT Mustang

tesseract

Master member
were the numbers facing forwards?
I think the motor and the prop were spinning backward together so ultimately it goes forward. I cant fix it because I murdered my mustang:devilish: and stole its electronics and tried making other planes

Timmy

Legendary member
I think the motor and the prop were spinning backward together so ultimately it goes forward. I cant fix it because I murdered my mustang:devilish: and stole its electronics and tried making other planes
In both these cases the motor is spinning counter clockwise. Howerer in one of the pictures the numbers are facing forwards, That prop will produce more thrust than the other, the direction that the motor is spinning doesn't matter in these cases.

Attachments

• P1140305.JPG
    P1140305.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • P1140306.JPG
    P1140306.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

tesseract

Master member
In both these cases the motor is spinning counter clockwise. Howerer in one of the pictures the numbers are facing forwards, That prop will produce more thrust than the other, the direction that the motor is spinning doesn't matter in these cases.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... FISIKS

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
The current motor does not support 4s. So guess I need to upgrade the motor.

While flying into the wind (around 10 MPH wind speed) the plane was tending to gain height rather than move forward, could this also be because of a lack of sufficient down thrust?
I'm not a prop expert and someone may counter this opinion but. A 6 pitch prop on a 2212 motor in that size plane may be over taxing the motor and keeping it from developing full RPM. Have you checked the motor temp after flight? If it's too hot to hold a finger on you may drop down to a 4.7 pitch and see if that changes anything as it will work the motor less and it can turn faster.

vtelikicherla

I'm not a prop expert and someone may counter this opinion but. A 6 pitch prop on a 2212 motor in that size plane may be over taxing the motor and keeping it from developing full RPM. Have you checked the motor temp after flight? If it's too hot to hold a finger on you may drop down to a 4.7 pitch and see if that changes anything as it will work the motor less and it can turn faster.
Checked the motor after running 2 batteries. Flying time around 30+mins and the motor was not even warm. Most of the time was at 60-70% throttle though. I increased the down thrust a few degrees. Today was hardly any wind so did not find the same challenge as last time.