nnChipmunk - 800mm

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
The side of the fuse kinda like my old 67%spit CAM00374.jpg

jayz 84

Man nic that thing just looks bad ass. Nice job!... So did you like the idea of pushing the motor back a half inch? Between looks and balance..

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Man nic that thing just looks bad ass. Nice job!... So did you like the idea of pushing the motor back a half inch? Between looks and balance..

Thanks man! Yeah I think it's a great idea, I'll be doing it for everything now!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Nic you've outdone your self this time! it looks like a proper airshow Chipmunk and it is one of the cleanest tape jobs I have seen.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
It actually looks like the tape I have on my ugly stick. That might be why I think it looks so good :p. unfortunately I have to de-commission that one due to flooding issues.

SOOFLY

Great plane design as always nic. The tape job and color choice really are amazing. Where are you buying your tape from? Also, where are you buying the aluminum spar (1/16" x 1/2" x 3') that you use in most of your builds from? I've looked at Home depot and Ace Hardware and I can only find (1/8" x 3/4" x 3'), which is very chunky.

When I login to FT forum, the first posts I look for are your build threads. It nice to see somebody taking the FT designs to a more advanced level for the more seasoned pilots. Also..... It's time to release the HOG...

jayz 84

Great plane design as always nic. The tape job and color choice really are amazing. Where are you buying your tape from? Also, where are you buying the aluminum spar (1/16" x 1/2" x 3') that you use in most of your builds from? I've looked at Home depot and Ace Hardware and I can only find (1/8" x 3/4" x 3'), which is very chunky.

When I login to FT forum, the first posts I look for are your build threads. It nice to see somebody taking the FT designs to a more advanced level for the more seasoned pilots. Also..... It's time to release the HOG...

Its the one from home depot that you found the 1/8 or 3mm thick

Jaxx

Nic,
Are you still using laminating pouches for the canopy? It looks great! I don't think the transparency film is going to work. It doesn’t seem to be rigid enough.

jayz 84

Nic,
Are you still using laminating pouches for the canopy? It looks great! I don't think the transparency film is going to work. It doesn’t seem to be rigid enough.

Hes still using them jaxx, ha hes got me hook on that stuff its the best so far

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor

Thanks soofly! I use colored packaging tape from tape bros and HobbyKing, they appear to be the exact same product. The yellow lines are made from electrical tape, one layer on the lighter strip and 2 on the darker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00563P4KW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Qk3Dub1BBQPAN

Do you have a Lowes near you? That's where I got my spars. jayz was awesome enough to make me 36 spars and mail them to me, though. So I'm set for a few years (months? Haha)

The nnA-10 is getting close.. My goal is to have her released by the end of the year. Thanks for being patient with me on this one, it's definitely the most challenging design I've ever done. Just building a working A-10 is not hard, making the design simple and reproducible for all you guys is what takes some extra attention to do right! Stay tuned.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,

Yeah the pouches are just the right thickness. It's easy to work with and comes out so clean!