nnChipmunk - 800mm

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hes still using them jaxx, ha hes got me hook on that stuff its the best so far

Yeah dude.. Now we just need a cheaper source of them. That's what Jaxx was trying to do with the transparency sheets, bummer they don't work.

-Jaxx do you think the heavy duty ones would work?

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Yeah dude.. Now we just need a cheaper source of them. That's what Jaxx was trying to do with the transparency sheets, bummer they don't work.

Yeah that sure is a down side to them. I was shocked when i saw the price of them.

jayz 84

Thanks soofly! I use colored packaging tape from tape bros and HobbyKing, they appear to be the exact same product. The yellow lines are made from electrical tape, one layer on the lighter strip and 2 on the darker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00563P4KW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Qk3Dub1BBQPAN

Do you have a Lowes near you? That's where I got my spars. jayz was awesome enough to make me 36 spars and mail them to me, though. So I'm set for a few years (months? Haha)

The nnA-10 is getting close.. My goal is to have her released by the end of the year. Thanks for being patient with me on this one, it's definitely the most challenging design I've ever done. Just building a working A-10 is not hard, making the design simple and reproducible for all you guys is what takes some extra attention to do right! Stay tuned.

A few months! Ahaha your funny. Thats alot of builds lol. But that deff saved you big time in the long run. And with your such hard work in these's great designs . I had to help out. In two ways- saved you money and help supply you with the key building material. Which hoping to keep you designed these awesome birds

Jaxx

The ones I'm trying are the heavy weight ones. I used a sheet to make an FT Mustang canopy, but it just doesn't seem to be very rigid. The canopy in the post I lnked below was done using doubled-up (two sheets) transparency film, but I would prefer to use a single sheet . I sent him a PM to find out exactly which ones he used, but I haven't gotten a response. He did a really good job with it.

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?9189-FT-Mustang-Build&p=110583&viewfull=1#post110583

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yeah that sure is a down side to them. I was shocked when i saw the price of them.

I mean, a dollar a sheet isn't even horrible with all things considered but I'm definitely way to cheap haha. I'm used to an entire airframe that costs 5$, adding a 1$ canopy is just too much :p

jayz 84

Ahhhh. The perks of working on planes. Ill have a choice of a dozen different heat guns lol:p

jayz 84

But it will be cool to see what we come up with for builds. Never know you could sell them to builder of your plans

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I was thinking of cowling and canopies.

..and noses. Maybe skids. I wonder if you could make an entire plane..

Jaxx

My father-in-law came over for Thanksgiving dinner, and I told him about my canopy dilemma. I was showing him the home-made vacuum forming machines on YouTube. Looks like we're going to be building a couple of them. I can't wait. I've been on a quest for the perfect canopy for too long. :)

jayz 84

My father-in-law came over for Thanksgiving dinner, and I told him about my canopy dilemma. I was showing him the home-made vacuum forming machines on YouTube. Looks like we're going to be building a couple of them. I can't wait. I've been on a quest for the perfect canopy for too long. :)

Thats great man. Let use know what you come up with and how well it works