nnChipmunk v2

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Put my name on a kit for FF! BridgeInspector (aka Aaron Blake)

I will get the electronics ready for a FF16 build. Will the kit be just the foam so we will need the other bits (spar choice, plastic, horns, rods, skewers, etc.) or will it include them?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Put my name on a kit for FF! BridgeInspector (aka Aaron Blake)

I will get the electronics ready for a FF16 build. Will the kit be just the foam so we will need the other bits (spar choice, plastic, horns, rods, skewers, etc.) or will it include them?

I'll have a link for purchase in the next week or so! The kit will include the other bits except clear plastic. It will come with a poster board canopy. If I can figure out a way to get clear ones in the kit then I will make it happen!

J Bergsmith

Just watched the video, turned out excellent. I enjoyed watching it, would have enjoyed it more if I had a kit I was building along with you. :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Thanks guys! Can't wait to see your builds!

@keegan I'm fully expecting to fly doubles with you at FF so get cracking!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Not quite yet. I've really just got to finish the wings/horizontal stab and pain the intruder before I move on to this. I'm gone camping next week, so it'll be a few days before I get to it.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Still shooting for this scheme/superchip design. But i like the new canopy you designed so thats being added.
attachment-1.jpg

jayz 84

Hey there Keegen. Yeah it has dont remind me lol. Ive been out of it for 6months now. Havent even flown sence december. But hey im back now and tring to get back to all my projects. Unfortunately my build off projects never got done.

Jaxx

Welcome back brother! Funny how life tends to get in the way of our hobbies isn't it?

shiitake

Hey Nerdnic,

I see there are two types of rudder. Is on for the speed version or is it just a different Chipmunk design?

I have started building.

Jaxx

Nic,

Just watched the build video. Man, you're brilliant! I did some customizing of the V1 when I built it, but it took forever to come up with some of the mods. I wish your build video was available when I was doing the build. The way you lined up the magnet/Velcro hole is awesome, not to mention your use of poster board to reinforced the canopy. Love the way this wing is mounted to the fuselage. I can't wait to build this model!

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hey Nerdnic,

I see there are two types of rudder. Is on for the speed version or is it just a different Chipmunk design?

I have started building.

Yeah, different design, it's for the 'Super' Chipmunk. I'm using the standard tail feathers build video.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,

Just watched the build video. Man, you're brilliant! I did some customizing of the V1 when I built it, but it took forever to come up with some of the mods. I wish your build video was available when I was doing the build. The way you lined up the magnet/Velcro hole is awesome, not to mention your use of poster board to reinforced the canopy. Love the way this wing is mounted to the fuselage. I can't wait to build this model!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the build video! Keep me posted on your build progress :)