Now where to post my question ..... Variable Pitch Props Twinstar II!

alwine00775

Remember that awesome plane the Multiplex twinstar II ? I bought a few of them and have one left to build. I was thinking about ordering 2 of those variable pitch 2200KV x7" motor setups (china) and seeing what sort of fun I could have. Yes it will add weight ... yes it won't be as efficient as a fixed pitch prop but I think it could be pretty cool to fly. Has anyone ever tried this? there is not much out there on the subject.

Jon

FastCrash45

Elite member
Remember that awesome plane the Multiplex twinstar II ? I bought a few of them and have one left to build. I was thinking about ordering 2 of those variable pitch 2200KV x7" motor setups (china) and seeing what sort of fun I could have. Yes it will add weight ... yes it won't be as efficient as a fixed pitch prop but I think it could be pretty cool to fly. Has anyone ever tried this? there is not much out there on the subject.

Jon
Hmmm, a twin with reversible props, add in differential thrust and you have a flat spin that would equal a high speed top. I like that idea. Lol