Oh no, I can't believe it happened!

baronbernie

Hello all, today I learned an unexpected lesson. During the time I was building the FT Flyer and watching the buiding video the glue dryed quicker than I thought. While sliding the elevator/rudder in place, the glue dried quicker than usual and the part stopped sliding forward about 2/3 the way. Will I still be able to fly the plane? :D

Bolvon72

Mentor
Just make sure you are balanced and give it a shot, they are forgiving. You could take a heat gun and glue some scrap foam and see which melts first, the glue or the foam, if that works, try loosening the tail with the heat gun. I have never tried this, but it would be an interesting experiment.

Liemavick

Mentor
Having already "been there, done that" during my builds I have a suggestion that worked for me. Carefully cut right along the glue line around the tail slot and work the tail loose. You can then clean up the tail and reglue it in place. It wont be as pretty as a clean build, but I have corrected a "A" fold back to a "B" fold this way lol Or of course you can just cut some slivers of foam and fill in the slot where you came up short and go for it and see how she handles. Good luck friend.