Old newcomer

Panday

Hi. I'm from the Philippines. Coming back to the hobby after 12 years of inactivity. A lot has changed since then -- 2.4 ghz radios, drones, stabilization system, etc. Basically trying to re-learn principles of electric flight and new technologies that found their in the hobby. Hopefully i came to the right place.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hi. I'm from the Philippines. Coming back to the hobby after 12 years of inactivity. A lot has changed since then -- 2.4 ghz radios, drones, stabilization system, etc. Basically trying to re-learn principles of electric flight and new technologies that found their in the hobby. Hopefully i came to the right place.

welcome back Panday
your certainly in the right place with lots of crazy pilots with better knowledge than fling skills 😂😂
and lots with both or less lol
on the other hand I’m ok at flying and very limited knowledge other than how to build, crash, repair, repeat 🎮💫✈️💥🔥

alan0043

Hi Panday,

Welcome to the forum. Don't be afraid to ask a question or too. There is a good bunch of people willing to help here on the forum.

Al

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.

Moving from 72 mHz to 2.4 gHz was a difficult learning experience for me. It took me a while to realize stuff was just not as compatible as before. Many brands of Tx have a unique protocol, insuring that they will not work with the competitors. I would recommend looking for a Tx with a built in multi protocol module, this will allow you to purchase any brand of Rx and not be locked in to any one brand.

Last edited:

The Fopster

Master member
I think you found the right place. This is the friendliest and most helpful RC flying bunch that I've found on the web. Welcome and good luck with the new tech!