on board cameras

bracesport

Legendary member
here is the updated RP for an aero-egg camera housing - the Cyclops fits very snuggly - I am making another RP to thicken up the mount to the base and make a hole in the top for access to the start/stop switch (forgot that) - so the link below is the latest (.STL) of parts including two heights of base - it is so dinky the surface needs a bit of cleanup - I will post the finished and painted beast!

Cyclops v3 aero-egg camera mount

IMG_6077.jpg
IMG_6078.jpg
IMG_6079.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
here is the updated RP for an aero-egg camera housing - the Cyclops fits very snuggly - I am making another RP to thicken up the mount to the base and make a hole in the top for access to the start/stop switch (forgot that) - so the link below is the latest (.STL) of parts including two heights of base - it is so dinky the surface needs a bit of cleanup - I will post the finished and painted beast!

Cyclops v3 aero-egg camera mount

View attachment 128489 View attachment 128490 View attachment 128491
Very slick, nice job designing. Just a question, I have a couple camera (not the same) but they do tend to generate some heat, will it need any cooling?

bracesport

Legendary member
Here is the updated aero-egg camera mount - I ran out of paint just before the final lick to the top shell - other than that it’s pretty good!

There is access to the start/stop button at the top and the SD card at the side.

If it all works out week when flying around I will design a new housing with a built in plug between the camera housing and the mount - that would be cool!

3B583A5A-73C9-4AB0-AD69-F66FC9520623.jpeg
3C3A7CA9-C676-4041-AA3C-4B93710C450D.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
Here is the updated aero-egg camera mount - I ran out of paint just before the final lick to the top shell - other than that it’s pretty good!

There is access to the start/stop button at the top and the SD card at the side.

If it all works out week when flying around I will design a new housing with a built in plug between the camera housing and the mount - that would be cool!

View attachment 128601 View attachment 128602
That’s really cool great work.

bracesport

Legendary member
duplicate from TT thread

So, it was a bit windy for me (and the TT) but I was determined to try the camera on its separate power supply.

I am running a 1000kv motor with an 11x6 folding slow prop and at full power on the 1300mAh 2 cells, (half charged), I could hardly fly forwards into the wind - Sadly on the third landing (not parallel with the ground) I broke the prop, so it was game over!

I was very happy with my latest effort as usually, I would attempt to fly only on a windless day! If I hadn't broken the prop I would have definitely got some more footage on the Cyclops - next time I will mount it under the wing!

IMG_6311.JPG

Hondo76251

Legendary member
That looks great!

I've used the the little camera and board out of a Hubsan x4 to do some flight recording on some of my micro light stuff but it sure didn't look as nice on the aircraft as your setup does!

I think I'm going to have to get a 3d printer... lol

w1lp33

Heck yes. I got an ender 3 for Christmas and it’s been running pretty much constantly since then, such a great thing to have :)

That looks great!

I've used the the little camera and board out of a Hubsan x4 to do some flight recording on some of my micro light stuff but it sure didn't look as nice on the aircraft as your setup does!

I think I'm going to have to get a 3d printer... lol