One of the Radiomaster R88 antenna missing

QuarkNova

I recently crashed my trainer model aircraft, and while assesing the damage, i found one of the antenna went missing.
What problems can this receiver cause with one antenna missing and is there any way to fix this?
I have attached an image of the same, please do have a look at it and lemme know.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-31 at 19.10.06.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-31 at 19.10.06.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I recently crashed my trainer model aircraft, and while assesing the damage, i found one of the antenna went missing.
What problems can this receiver cause with one antenna missing and is there any way to fix this?
I have attached an image of the same, please do have a look at it and lemme know.
You can get replacements.
Radiomaster Ants

Shurik-1960

Check the operation of the receiver with an assistant moving away at a distance of 300-400 m in line of sight in the field from the transmitter . If the torn antenna has not closed the input part and the receiver is working, fly and don't worry.

Crazed Scout Pilot

I have an extra radeo master 4 chanell receiver I can mail it to you if you would like. I will look at my r 88 but I believe that it is a solder on antenna. If you found the torn off antenna you can solder it back on.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You should be fine with just 1 antenna. The 2nd antenna is for redundancy, if something should block the 1st antenna. If it were mine, I would repair as soon as I could, but continue to fly it until I made the repair. I would range check it before I flew it. As it's always a good idea to do a range check after a crash.

Here is a video that explains how to solder the antenna back on