One or multiple projects at a time...

Plane projects, which do you prefer?

• One project at a time please...until it is finished, then move on to the next one

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I like to multitask, I can handle a bunch of them all at once!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

basslord1124

Master member
So this hit me last night as I was working on my planes. I've got like multiple plane projects going on at once. Finishing up my FT Simple Cub, doing some repairs to my Storch, building an FT3D, and ordering some electronics for some balsa planes. And I've been doing them little bits at a time. Do you guys usually end up tackling multiple plane things at once OR do you just to focus on one project until it's complete?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I say multiple projects, but I really mean two.

If I get more than two going I feel like I can't finish anything going on, and if I only have one project in progress what else would I do while waiting for glue to try or my brain to come up with a solution to a problem? :unsure:

I also like to make them two different types of projects so if I feel like working balsa instead of painting or only have a couple minutes to do a simple step instead of a more complicated step I have more flexibility.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
When you get involved deeply in this Hobby, (Sport), and start helping others seriously the thought of a single project is a pipe dream.

Repairs and building programs with and for others quickly soak up all available time.

As for myself I have a number of groupings which I work through. Those in work, Those waiting for work to start, The wish list, and My personal squadron members that require maintenance.

Being over-committed can be a little depressing and slow your ability to explore newer models and designs.

As a recent example I started building my Tubby Cubby when the plans were first released and managed to finish it only a couple of weeks ago. In the time between starting and finishing the cub. I designed, built, undertook a full evaluation and development program and gave away about 3 of my own design, undertook repairs of 3 other badly destroyed retail foamies which were destined for the trash, Continued my prototype building program of my latest design, Started the renewal of my son's squadron of models, and continued to push ahead with my building of my retail offerings for the local retail outlet.

I sometimes long for the early days where I had only a couple of planes and every flight was an adventure. Now I do more maiden flights each week that I did total flights in my early times.

Avoid burnout and try to keep the hobby real and exciting. Do not think that I have lost the excitement of the hobby because I have not but the excitement is now different from the simple ability to keep the plane in the air and to land without damage!

Keep it real, keep it fun!

Have fun!

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
So far I've had something on the bench, something being repaired and something on the drawing board pretty consistently. If I had the time and my wife wouldn't leave me I'd move the bench to the living room and build part of something every night I couldn't fly. R/C flying and bicycling are the two things that take my mind off work so the more of each the better.

Namactual

Elite member
the thought of a single project is a pipe dream.

This is where I am at. Unfortunately it is not just the RC hobby either. Throw in other hobbies and it's a wonder I get anything done. A lot of times I don't. I have a lot of projects I have started that would be a shame to never finish. Sadly, a few have fallen through the cracks.

In the end, as long as I am creating something I am happy and that's all that matters really. Sometimes it's more about the journey rather than the destination.

Last edited: