Open request - plane to fly at FF15

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Hey guys,

I've been looking into how I'm going to get planes to FF15 while traveling by plane from California. I'm not sure how others made this work but the options I have come up with either involve outragous charges to transport large check baggage or build everything on site. The costs are too high for me to transport built planes and while I have no problem building while at FF, I am reluctant to spend the first full day+ building.

With that being said, I am asking if anyone who is driving to FF15 would be willing to make me a plane to fly while at the event. It could be a FT plane, one of my designs, one of yours, anything will do. I have all the electronics and could compinsate any material costs. I don't know if anyone will be willing but this is the best community I've ever been a part of and I figured I'd throw the request out there.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Nic, you are definately going to need a combat ship while you are there! I am going to build you your very own Bloody Baron. Feel free to destroy it in glorious combat at FF2015. No need to compensate for the materials (super cheap anyway) you do enough for this community already. It's the least I can do for you.

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Dang. Sponz got the easy one . . .

Nic,

I'm sure there'll be plenty of planes around to fly that we'd love to pass the transmitter with you . . . and you're always welcome to take some time to build one to fly while you're there ;)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan thank you so much! I'd be honored to fly your Bloody Baron into battle!

Excellent, you want that complete with German Iron Crosses? If so, I have enough colored packing tape to do either, Purple, Blue, Orange, or Green.

This is the Red one I'll be bringing to FF. If I don't destroy it in combat before then. :black_eyed:

2015-01-24 23.23.22.jpg

Last edited:

Crash_Expert

Aerial Photographer
Nic, you are definately going to need a combat ship while you are there! I am going to build you your very own Bloody Baron. Feel free to destroy it in glorious combat at FF2015. No need to compensate for the materials (super cheap anyway) you do enough for this community already. It's the least I can do for you.

Someone give this man a medal!

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
A buddy of mine is in the same position you are. I suggested packing a power pod and building an FT Flyer (or the like) while he is there.

Just a thought.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
I'll have several ships with me that you're welcome to fly... At the moment I'm thinking I'll have my FT Dusty and the Shumate F-22 with TV out, and probably an old eflite Extra 260.

I was thinking of bringing one of my trainers and a buddy box system as well if there is space. Whatever that one ends up being you'd be welcome to fly it too.

I've seen your videos so I'm pretty sure your a competent pilot :p , so if you want a bit more excitement I'll probably have a pusher conversion of a 90mm EDF F-18 and a 1400mm FMS P-51 with me as well. It will all depend on how much I can get in the trailer once I pack the big birds in.

Last edited:

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Man I sure wish I could make it this year. but this is going to be a very busy year for me and with the lack of time off wont help( already used it all up being out for my baby girl birth).. cause I would deff make a few birds just for you man all you would have needed was power pods of your choice and I would have brought all of mine along too and share them.. I say just buy a tent and rent a small uhaul box trailer and drive

abieex

Mentor
Nic, Ive got lots of planes! What would it cost to mail some stuff to my house and Ill bring it with me. Maybe a radio, power pods, whatever! Let me know what your thinkin.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Excellent, you want that complete with German Iron Crosses? If so, I have enough colored packing tape to do either, Purple, Blue, Orange, or Green.

This is the Red one I'll be bringing to FF. If I don't destroy it in combat before then. :black_eyed:

View attachment 42568

Let's go with.. green. No! Blue! Yeah, blue will be good :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Dang. Sponz got the easy one . . .

Nic,

I'm sure there'll be plenty of planes around to fly that we'd love to pass the transmitter with you . . . and you're always welcome to take some time to build one to fly while you're there ;)

The build area seems like it's going to be the happening place this year.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I'll have several ships with me that you're welcome to fly... At the moment I'm thinking I'll have my FT Dusty and the Shumate F-22 with TV out, and probably an old eflite Extra 260.

I was thinking of bringing one of my trainers and a buddy box system as well if there is space. Whatever that one ends up being you'd be welcome to fly it too.

I've seen your videos so I'm pretty sure your a competent pilot :p , so if you want a bit more excitement I'll probably have a pusher conversion of a 90mm EDF F-18 and a 1400mm FMS P-51 with me as well. It will all depend on how much I can get in the trailer once I pack the big birds in.

Ohhh I've always wanted to fly one of the 1400 FMS birds.. that would be awesome!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Man I sure wish I could make it this year. but this is going to be a very busy year for me and with the lack of time off wont help( already used it all up being out for my baby girl birth).. cause I would deff make a few birds just for you man all you would have needed was power pods of your choice and I would have brought all of mine along too and share them.. I say just buy a tent and rent a small uhaul box trailer and drive

I would totally drive if I had someone else to go with me. 37 hours drive each way.

abieex

Mentor
No problem, I could pick it up at Greyhound in Akron on my way to get you at the airport. Just insure it if possible.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I'd make him use the old FT Flying Cinderblock...... (c8
It's probably up in the attic.

Best regards,
PCH