OT and Timer ?

Bricks

Master member
Giving OT another shot as I just got a Radiomaster TS16s figuring out the programing is taking some doing.

My question is I have my throttle cut set to switch SF and number 1 timer is set to throttle stick which works. With my throttle cut on my number 1 timer will still run when throttle stick is raised even thou my throttle cut is still on. Cannot figure out how to get the timer to stop when throttle cut on, and throttle stick is raised. In other words timer will not run unless switch SF is on no matter what position throttle stick is in is what I am trying to do.

Question 2 I have my number 1 timer to reset with switch SH which i do not like as it is the only momentary switch available, I realize I could set it to any switch. Is there a way i could set up timer reset by simultaneously hitting say page> and page < to reset timer? My Spektrum does this and works great for this purpose as it does not take up any switches.

There is one heck of a curve trying to figure all this out, my only reason for doing this is the larger screen on the TS16s as getting older my DX9 screen is getting hard to read.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
for #1 - setup a logical switch that is conditions based on both the kill switch and throttle position, then use that as your 'run timer' option
for #2 - I would say the same thing, however I don't know if that specific button combo is a choice for a logical switch (without looking my radio)

as an alternative for #3 - you could use a set of logical switches, so that you can use a different switch to set the behavior of the momentary switch, logical switches can even use how long down your holding the button (so I have my momentary read me remaining time on a 'tap' and clear on a hold of >1 second)

Bricks

Master member
This is where the problem arises setting up conditions? Many of the acronyms I do not understand and cannot find a break down of what they are and what they do.

JasonK

This is where the problem arises setting up conditions? Many of the acronyms I do not understand and cannot find a break down of what they are and what they do.

I will put this on my of to-dos and can see if I can document it out for you after I get done working today or sometime this weekend.

JasonK

For the timer:

Go to Logical switches, set it up as follows:
a>x, Thr, -90, armed switch state

Then on your timer, set it to be enabled based on that switch

here is mine:
1617991114815.png 1617991130164.png

JasonK

for the page up + page down to reset the timer, those don't appear to be input options for logical switches, so I would suggest my multi-use momentary switch setup that I was talking about.

What functionality do you want on your momentary switch? If you can enumerate what you want to be able to do with it, I should be able to help you come up with a solution.

Bricks

Master member
So A>X so A is the throttle ( or what you want to use ) and X you can set to any value, so A value will be what ever you specify in the second row set to any switch. If I understand right I should be able to set this up in Global Functions so every plane retains this setup????? Right?

On my timer 1 flight timer when it ends I would like haptic along with voice in Global Functions it does not seem I can do that? It seems I can use voice or haptic but not together in the timer menu in model setup.

Thanks for the help as no one in my club uses OT`s.

JasonK

So A>X so A is the throttle ( or what you want to use ) and X you can set to any value, so A value will be what ever you specify in the second row set to any switch. If I understand right I should be able to set this up in Global Functions so every plane retains this setup????? Right?
this was a mix of logical switches and special functions [Just to make sure terminology is correct]
correct A>X is comparing the throttle input to a value (at least how I have it set, but could be used to compare any 2 values)

On my timer 1 flight timer when it ends I would like haptic along with voice in Global Functions it does not seem I can do that? It seems I can use voice or haptic but not together in the timer menu in model setup.

Thanks for the help as no one in my club uses OT`s.
In Model Setup, where the timers are, it does appear that you can only do voice/haptic/beep. I don't appear to be able to use the timer as an input for logical switches or special functions. I would normally point out that you could make a feature request on the github project, but it appears that it is already there. Quickly reading the request, it looks like it is being considered for the next release (but I don't see any guarantee that it will get included).

It might be possible to use a Lua script to get you both of those, but I haven't touched lua/OpenTX combination yet and haven't looked at the exposed API, so I don't know for sure if that is an option or not.

JasonK

If I understand right I should be able to set this up in Global Functions so every plane retains this setup????? Right?

If there are global functions that work across models, I haven't seen them (nor looked), but you can copy models. If you expect to be making lots of similar changes to multiple models, I would suggest checking if the companion has anything to facilitate that (it may also be possible to setup a lua script to help with that... but again, something I haven't looked at myself yet).