Help! P40 power pack C prop install

Hi fam. Noob here. Just finished building my first scratch build and was ready to get the prop on and get the plane in the air when I realized I have absolutely no idea how to install the prop on this thing. Purchased the power pack c with the speed build kit. Picture of all included parts attached. Any guidance would by much appreciated.
thanks!!

Attachments

• 4C123AE4-79FB-440E-AD16-A36926BD6F61.jpeg
    4C123AE4-79FB-440E-AD16-A36926BD6F61.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Those rings are inserts for the prop to get it to fit different size shafts. Pick the one that fits that shaft, should be 6mm. Insert it in to the back side of the prop, put the prop on the shaft numbers to the front and retain with the nyloc nut. The props can be a really tight fit sometimes. If you need more prop clearance on the fuselage you will have to slide the power pod out a little and poke new holes in it for the skewers. Shameful pic but yours should look like this one just not broke.
20200522_195819.jpg

Thanks! Will give it a try. Am struggling to get any of the inserts to fit but helpful to know they are super tight. The clearance is pretty bad when the prop is all the ways in so will for sure pull the pod forward. Thanks again!

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
If yours is a real tight one and you haven't already I'd remove the power pod so you can press on the back of the motor mount and not damage the plane.

I took the power pod out and slightly drilled out one of the rings and got it mounted. Thanks for the help! Hoping to maiden this thing tomorrow!

Attachments

• 4457ACA0-B87C-4288-855A-F07DB3A98C71.jpeg
    4457ACA0-B87C-4288-855A-F07DB3A98C71.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 0

moke

Thanks! Will give it a try. Am struggling to get any of the inserts to fit but helpful to know they are super tight. The clearance is pretty bad when the prop is all the ways in so will for sure pull the pod forward. Thanks again!
they will be tight, but as you torque down the nut, if you have the right insert, will seat at bottom of the threaded portion of shaft