Do you think this will work?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Innaviation

Well, the idea is to put paint (probably acrylic) onto the edge of the wing then, in theory, the paint will spread out making the plane painted in midair.

I assume no one has ever tried this before but If you have I would love to hear how it went.

Also in general, does anyone think this will actually work?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I don't know about on foam board, but there have been variations of this to study the airflow around an object. Give it a try and show us the results!

Cheers!
LitterBug

leaded50

Legendary member
i think you will get trouble with time. Put on paint, and get it into air, before it dries to much.. or, you cant land at eg. grass before dried either..
Better idea to use a leafblower, air compressor in front, then you will have more control

Yeah, if you think it sounds like fun, go crazy! If you're more interested in the result, hang the plane from the noise and goop some paint across the leading edge. Or force airflow like leaded50 said. Air compressor sounds ideal.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
do it, what ya got to loose? it will be like a jackson pollock painting. i personally would rather have it done by the wind rather than a compressor. makes it more genuine. like mentioned you may have some issue with landing but if you use a 3s-2200 you should be able to get at least 10min + flight time which should do a pretty good job of drying the paint before you land.

good luck,

me :cool:

BATTLECAT

I have actually been thinking about this too, only from a weathering point of view. Like instead of weathering the traditional way with brush or airbrush. Like what about setting off some kind of smoke bombs or launching dirt in the air and flying the plane though it. I know it wont yield the same results as doing it by hand, but an intersting and crazy idea. You could even spray the plane in certain areas with spray adhesive to get it to stick more lol.