Patrick's Paint Shop - a place for plane painting projects

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Glad to see this thread is still active. There are some very impressive paint jobs on here! :love:
I've got one
Otter after the crash.jpg

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
The only plane I ever put work into painting flew horribly, I messed the wing up lol.
80CE7E15-6313-4146-B1BB-C1ED6B07030C.jpeg

That’s it with just the paint, I made canopy and all the decals but didn’t put them on because of how it flew…

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The only plane I ever put work into painting flew horribly, I messed the wing up lol. View attachment 212855
That’s it with just the paint, I made canopy and all the decals but didn’t put them on because of how it flew…
IMG-20200619-WA0000.jpeg

Mine flew and still does fly great (with the exception of one crash. Pilots fault, battery not fully secured), the landing gear does let it down, particularly on landing :LOL:.
Funny enough today I considered fitting my spare retracts off the Vampire, but its added weight and could potentially spoil the flight characteristics. So its staying as it is with a little extra support to the fixed landing gear. Thinking of making some fake retract covers and using them as braces for the landing gear wire.

shadeyB

Legendary member
The lettering - decals I make myself on a household printer 👍

Hi shadyB , As youve been helpful on my questions relating to my first FB build and I know you like flying your Spit . As you know I was interested in the Corsair master build but have kind of lent towards the FT Spitfire speed build , but I believe there is very little difference in the overall wing length (maybe 6" ?) , In your opinion which do you think would be the easiest to fly ? Or are there any great differences in flying abilities ?
Thanks

yeah spitfire every day , glides fantastic also and just flies overall gorgeous

Bigeard

View attachment 212858
Mine flew and still does fly great (with the exception of one crash. Pilots fault, battery not fully secured), the landing gear does let it down, particularly on landing :LOL:.
Funny enough today I considered fitting my spare retracts off the Vampire, but its added weight and could potentially spoil the flight characteristics. So its staying as it is with a little extra support to the fixed landing gear. Thinking of making some fake retract covers and using them as braces for the landing gear wire.

Nice looking Spit and as you say it flies great , any tips for making that landing gear ?

Burnhard

Stars and stripes paint scheme for a F117. It has not been in the air jet as I do not know how to launch it. Dolly wagon did not work and I do not dare to hand launch it.

Attachments

• 220184CB-E700-446A-A1D4-37BE4B2057D0.jpeg
    220184CB-E700-446A-A1D4-37BE4B2057D0.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • A893A08A-4B3E-49D6-A135-EE2007181CB8.jpeg
    A893A08A-4B3E-49D6-A135-EE2007181CB8.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

Robert S

I just got my first airbrush delivered in the mail. I haven't set it up or bought any paints yet but I'm really looking forward to learning to use this new tool.

Anyone have any recomendations for good entry level paint and/or paint to stay away from? I was just going to buy a pack of acrylic paints with the most common colors from Michael's to practice with.

I just got my first airbrush delivered in the mail. I haven't set it up or bought any paints yet but I'm really looking forward to learning to use this new tool.

Anyone have any recomendations for good entry level paint and/or paint to stay away from? I was just going to buy a pack of acrylic paints with the most common colors from Michael's to practice with.
Keep us updated!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member

1638494361754.png

Highly recommend Vallejo

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I thought the majority of American's where a mix of various nationalities anyway, with the exception of native American's. I am not trying to sell you anything just providing a glimmer of knowledge from my mind palace regard's a quality airbrush product.
The paint company was started by Hector Ramirez Vallejo ;)

I lied about the last bit, but it sounds authentic doesn't it. Sorry Hector :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nah. We're onto you. You get a few pennies (or "pence" whatever that is) of kickbacks from Bangood when you send airbrush paint buyers their way. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love that bit about "providing a glimmer of knowledge from my mind palace". When I get old I might use it myself!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nah. We're onto you. You get a few pennies (or "pence" whatever that is) of kickbacks from Bangood when you send airbrush paint buyers their way. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love that bit about "providing a glimmer of knowledge from my mind palace". When I get old I might use it myself!
You, me and Sherlock Holmes then as it was Sherlock I got it off in the first place ;)(y)
Sadly I get no kick backs from Banggood or Aliexpress, I certainly don't buy that Vallejo airbrush paint from them as they probably don't sell it anyway.
I get the odd bottles of Vallejo airbrush paint from a local hobby shop, which 10 - 15 minutes drive from my house. They sell accessories for model train enthusiasts and a variety of plastic model aircraft, armored vehicles and ships. However, they do have a good selection of airbrush paints, odd lengths and sheets of balsa and 1/16 ply sheets.
I got my duck egg green paint from there, for the underside of the Spitfire.