Part 107 questions

kdobson83

So, im thinking of getting a xiro xplorer v to take real estate photos for a friend, for $$ obviously. But I can't seem to fine answers to a few questions I have about part 107. So i ask you guys:

1. How long is the certificate good for? 2 years?
2. How much does it cost to re-register? 150, same as what they charge for the initial certificate?
3. Do u have to take the exam again when re-registering? Or is it just pay to renew?

Their FAQ section didn't answer any of that and I couldn't find it with Google searching either...

Thanks for any help guys!!!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I'm a full-scale pilot also, so the requirements are a bit different for me, but here's what I was able to find. The answer is more or less Yes to all three. The certificate is good for two years, than you have to take the test again. The fee will be the same, but the content of the test will most likely vary over the years. This serves as your "biannual flight review" similar to what is required of full scale pilots. Let me know if I can answer anything else, and good luck on the test!

kdobson83

Thanks!! I haven't even bought the drone yet so I'm not even 100% sure I'm gona do it, but I wanted all my ducks in a row before I pulled the trigger ya know! Lol

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I'm in with a CFI on Friday so I'll try to ask and post back with the info.

Not to hijack, but this should be the last (maybe one more) flight before I take my private pilot practical exam, pretty exciting.