• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patrick's Paint Shop - a place for plane painting projects

Well THERE'S your problem. It's making a horrific sound. Some kind of terrifying rhythmic noise is emanating from your motor. I thought it was going to explode in an enormous fireball. Good thing with your quick thinking and lightning reflexes you were able to bring it to the ground in an emergency landing before that happened! Di you get any noise complaints from the neighbors? I wouldn't be surprised if the police showed up. Or representatives from the local church... That's a devil sound.
A pusher prop is working in a disturbed airflow, causing increased vibration and noise If the propeller is fitted behind a wing, each propeller blade is passing through the separated boundary flow twice each rotation. These cycles create additional noise and lower the efficiency of the propeller.

A pusher prop is working in a disturbed airflow, causing increased vibration and noise If the propeller is fitted behind a wing, each propeller blade is passing through the separated boundary flow twice each rotation. These cycles create additional noise and lower the efficiency of the propeller.
I'm pretty sure that was a joke pointed at the music, brother.

IanT

Legendary member
Here’s my new FT Duster. I painted it like the Eflite air tractor and I’m really happy with how it turned out! One new technique I used on it was spray painting masking tape and then cutting the shape I need out of it. It worked really well and was wayyy easier than masking the whole plane off to paint one small area. I haven’t had any issues with the tape peeling except on the LE of the wing where I made a mistake and left an open seam. The grad has caught it when landing a couple times but that’s my fault.
View attachment 170597 View attachment 170598 View attachment 170599 View attachment 170600
Is that the version off Flite test or one of your own designs ?
Realised they didn't do this one just the Sportster and Cabby

That's it, I new that they built one but could't find the plan on the Sponz plans index ?
Yeah, I think Sponz only posts plans on the index that he drew himself or revamped. That's why some of the old style plans aren't there, like the Mini Speedster and the Duster.