pic help please

andybenton

NERD!!!! :)
hey, I can post pics, but not from my d3100. just frommy iphone.

not sure whats going on, maybe they are to large?

im realy not sure what the problem is, next to file in the image uploader there is a small red !

I couldn't find a legend to see what that indicated. any help is appreciated, as no one wants to suffer threw a build thread with crappy iphone pics :p

before you read any of this, if your pictures are in RAW format they need to be converted first either software that came with your camera or something like Lightroom or aperture will also do it....

there should be some software that came with the camera that will do this, often there is a "web" setting that pulls a lot of the data out of the picture to reduce it's size on disk. other than that there are a TON of programs out there that will resize pictures. I'm on a mac and I use preview to change image size.

google makes an app i think it's called picassa or something like that, it's a pretty cool image viewer and I think it has a function to shrink pics

do you use photoshop lightroom? I also use that for my cannon t2i photo editing, though most of the pics i post on here aren't "worthy" of such editing so it's more of a pain to add them to the library and export them to a smaller file, for me preview is the fast easy option.

anyway, also try this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+shrink+an+image (couldn't resist)

Good Luck!

- Jes

andybenton

Lmao thanks. I did google it, I was just hoping someone would come along and much like you, let me know about the raw image thing and the programs your using. :p thanks tho

andybenton

thanks again for the advice, but I got it worked out. for starters image files were raw, once converted to jpg most of them were over 6mb had to reduce the size quite a bit, but they came out looking good.

ended up using gimp. not the easiest photo editor around, but good enough, plus its FREEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

sorry. couldn't resist DSC_0011.JPG

William A

Billy did it....
For pic resize I use a windows 'powertoy' called "image resizer"(XP).

I can right click any pic or group of pics and select 'resize pictures'.

Bing, bang, boom, done.

Liked it so much I seeked out a windows 7 version for the house computer.

andybenton

Thanks guys, there is a build thread over in the multi rotor section.
It's pumpkin orange and aged brushed bronze. Fancy for black with some bronze metal flake in it.
Thank you krylon for making fancy sounding paints :p