Plans bought here on there on https://ftca.flitetest.com/

pdeyo

Just purchased a set of plans for the Flerken and they are password protected. Which I believe is keeping me from importing them into Lightburn. Does anyone know how I can get these plans imported?
I believe in if I was able to, they would come in as a image and they need to be in a vector format, as preforming a trace gives an extremely bad copy that is not cutable

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
All the new plans are password protected. You'll need to open in a program like inkscape and trace them.

pdeyo

Thanks, but when you trace them in inkscape and save them as an .svg. Then import them into Lightburn you get double lines, one on one side of the side and another on the other side of the line. This would take hours to clean so that it is a single line only

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Just purchased a set of plans for the Flerken and they are password protected. Which I believe is keeping me from importing them into Lightburn. Does anyone know how I can get these plans imported?
I believe in if I was able to, they would come in as a image and they need to be in a vector format, as preforming a trace gives an extremely bad copy that is not cutable
That downloaded .pdf file type is all there is and is intended to prevent bad actors from making/selling bootleg copies, etc.
2023-06-02 (2).png

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Thanks, but when you trace them in inkscape and save them as an .svg. Then import them into Lightburn you get double lines, one on one side of the side and another on the other side of the line. This would take hours to clean so that it is a single line only
That is caused by your settings.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Please tell what my setting should be as I as not sure that to use
I just reread your comment and I now believe you are using trace bitmap or something similar, which will trace the two side of a line. That, obviously, is not a good way to trace this particular .pdf. You'll need to manually trace using the Draw and/or Bezier tools. Yes, it is time consuming and there will be issues to fix, but it is doable.

wbkid

I did the same, purchased the plans to use on my laser (the laser I bought specifically for this) and now I can't use it. I guess I won't be buying plans from FT anymore. I do understand all the reasons why they would do this. A few ass holes wreck a good thing for all of us.