Please, give an idea on what plane i should build!!

leaded50

Legendary member
as most of you perhaps know, unique planes is of interest.
I dont see the reason for building another version of eg a P-51 Mustang, its many of it made, plans easy to be found... in many versions.

Come up with idea of what plane YOU want me to build, and if wants, a reason or what does it special why, is always ok too.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
as most of you perhaps know, unique planes is of interest.
I dont see the reason for building another version of eg a P-51 Mustang, its many of it made, plans easy to be found... in many versions.

Come up with idea of what plane YOU want me to build, and if wants, a reason or what does it special why, is always ok too.
the rutan voyager, the first plane around the world nonstop

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
My vote is for the BV-141, probably one of the most asymmetrical planes ever made IMO , doesn't look like it should fly at all.
1636568937100.png

Brian B

Elite member
Would a model of a model count? How about a big foamboard version of an old-timer free flight like Carl Goldberg's Valkyrie? A real lazy floater, but I suppose it might be adjusted for radio control to perform over more speed ranges, without the lifting stab. And smoooooth, maybe with lengthwise foamboard planking on the fuse instead of stacked conical sections?
Screenshot_20211110-123543_Chrome.jpg

I've wondered if cutouts could be made in foamboard wing panels, and then covered with transparent colored film, to give that smooth quazi-balsa look?

leaded50

Legendary member
the rutan voyager, the first plane around the world nonstop
Rutan Voyager is hard to make in foamboard, since its surfaces is small, but long. It will need much internal reinforces. its like make a "3000mm X 50mm" wing .
Then i would rather made the carrying plane for the Virgin spaceship.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Rutan Voyager is hard to make in foamboard, since its surfaces is small, but long. It will need much internal reinforces. its like make a "3000mm X 50mm" wing .
Then i would rather made the carrying plane for the Virgin spaceship.
oh. ok. then that is out. the xfy pogo is the exact opposite though.

leaded50

Legendary member
Would a model of a model count? How about a big foamboard version of an old-timer free flight like Carl Goldberg's Valkyrie? A real lazy floater, but I suppose it might be adjusted for radio control to perform over more speed ranges, without the lifting stab. And smoooooth, maybe with lengthwise foamboard planking on the fuse instead of stacked conical sections?
View attachment 211486
I've wondered if cutouts could be made in foamboard wing panels, and then covered with transparent colored film, to give that smooth quazi-balsa look?

model of a model isnt unpossible :). about making cutouts in foamboard wingpanels and use colored film... thats possible.. BUT, by the cutouts you loose the strength of the foamboard wing...
Foamboard planking on the fuse is possible, but will give higher weight, since all planks need be glued together.
The idea here, in my experince isnt good ideas to make a plane for good use. ;) just for anorher way of making a fomboardplane.. even if not better

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
My vote is for the BV-141, probably one of the most asymmetrical planes ever made IMO , doesn't look like it should fly at all.
View attachment 211480
the BV-141.... by a search on this forum... a few have started/done/or just planned such a build. Spacewalker, unrauv , eg...This guy eg at the 2018 Flite Test Forum Challenge: WWII Design & Build ... ( https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/spacewalkers-bv-141.37406/page-2 ) soo, it isnt unique for the forum either.....