Post your Christmas planes here!!!

OliverW

Legendary member
Santa was kind to me this year! Looking forward to getting more work done on the robinhood
20201225_162501.jpg
20201223_105807.jpg
20201224_141949.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member

Hoomi

Master member

OliverW

Legendary member
That looks like the Freewing Warthog. They did a nice job on so many scale details, and then put a sport jet pilot figure that would be over 10 feet tall at the same scale as the plane. I had to get rid of that pilot figure in mine.
I'm tempted to do the same. How do you like yours?

mastermalpass

Elite member
Ah, didn't see this thread. Posted mine in another thread, but might as well put it here as well. I rarely get RC flight gear as gifts - people don't know which parts I need that they can afford and a whole plane is far too expensive to be getting as a gift... Or so I thought; my brother's gone and spent five or six times the usual budget and bought me 1250mm Dynam Hurricane!

Screenshot_20201226-160153_Gallery.jpg

I am absolutely blown away! Good thing I decided to start building an FT Master Series Spitfire before I went ahead with the Hurricane plans I'm designing!

Now I'm going to be saving money aside to get him a Bixler for his birthday. I don't think he's ever flown an RC plane before, but he's currently learning to fly real planes - having done two solo flights so far! I think that experience combined with a little bit of sim practice will make it fairly easy to jump straight into flying a storebought model.

PS: My bro has said that next year I'm getting a block of foam and a knife haha!

OliverW

Legendary member
Ah, didn't see this thread. Posted mine in another thread, but might as well put it here as well. I rarely get RC flight gear as gifts - people don't know which parts I need that they can afford and a whole plane is far too expensive to be getting as a gift... Or so I thought; my brother's gone and spent five or six times the usual budget and bought me 1250mm Dynam Hurricane!

View attachment 187111

I am absolutely blown away! Good thing I decided to start building an FT Master Series Spitfire before I went ahead with the Hurricane plans I'm designing!

Now I'm going to be saving money aside to get him a Bixler for his birthday. I don't think he's ever flown an RC plane before, but he's currently learning to fly real planes - having done two solo flights so far! I think that experience combined with a little bit of sim practice will make it fairly easy to jump straight into flying a storebought model.

PS: My bro has said that next year I'm getting a block of foam and a knife haha!
AWESOME!

Hoomi

Master member
So far, I've only flown it once, on the smallest battery recommended (3000 mAh). On the landing approach, I was coming in a bit too high, and so tried to go around, and didn't have enough battery left for a climb out. I had to order some new parts, and have to finish up the repair. While she was flying, she was nice, though.

I replaced the stock pilot with an action figure I bought from Amazon, though the set I ordered is no longer available, except at an outrageous price. I repainted the action figure to more closely match what an A-10 pilot would wear, added a short length of heatshrink tubing to look like the O2 hose, and a hunk of aluminum tubing for the control stick. It's still not a perfect pilot figure, but at least it's about the right scale.

A10.jpg

A10Pilot.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member

View attachment 187111

Hurricane flies much more stable than the Spitfire, so if the model mimics the original you will be okay. In the battle of Britain the Hurricane squadrons shot down more german aircraft than the Spitfire .
Squadron 303 which was one of two Polish squadrons, shot down 126 German planes in 42 days. That made them the most successful flight command unit in the battle of Britain. Guess what the squadron was all Hurricanes.
The only probem may be the landing gear, retracts are not always reliable particularly taking off and landing on grass.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I usually just experiment with quick and dirty park flyers and concept builds(though this coming year that will change up a bit) and build my own stuff. I don't spend a lot on retail/professionally built kits or planes. I wanted something, but something unique that's a good bang for the buck and also to get into EDF planes more easily than scratch building. Here it is(Freewing F-8 Crusader)👍

Attachments

• IMG_1792.JPG
    IMG_1792.JPG
    963 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    952.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
So with a lipo and AR636 its more cramped than Spirit Airlines in there. Too bad it's really cold outside and I can't fly, although a week ago it was warmish :I
image.jpg
image.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
To be honest I am not a big lover of Jets myself but I can appreciate them. I do on the other hand fancy getting into EDF motors and was toying with the idea of building the FT A10 at some point with twin EDF's.
I will still follow your postings with interest look forward to seeing the finished article.
Also noticed your using a Flysky receiver wouldn't happen to be the FS iA6B would it, Ive got two of them seem pretty decent for the price.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I
I usually just experiment with quick and dirty park flyers and concept builds(though this coming year that will change up a bit) and build my own stuff. I don't spend a lot on retail/professionally built kits or planes. I wanted something, but something unique that's a good bang for the buck and also to get into EDF planes more easily than scratch building. Here it is(Freewing F-8 Crusader)👍
I've always wished there was a larger 80mm Crusader since it's such a cool aircraft.

basslord1124

Master member
Ah, didn't see this thread. Posted mine in another thread, but might as well put it here as well. I rarely get RC flight gear as gifts - people don't know which parts I need that they can afford and a whole plane is far too expensive to be getting as a gift.

That's generally my situation too. No one knows what to get me and my needs change frequently sometimes. Only time is when I might have needed a stock of servos or something like that.