Power Pack C OVERHEATING!

earl38

Anyone ever come up with an answer here? I just was testing one right out of the box and had the same result. In less than a minute, smelled the burning, shut everything down and the motor was hot enough to burn my finger! Pretty much same setup as described above. GT2215/90, 30amp ESC, 3S 4000mAh Spektrum, 10/4.7 prop.

whackflyer

Master member
Anyone ever come up with an answer here? I just was testing one right out of the box and had the same result. In less than a minute, smelled the burning, shut everything down and the motor was hot enough to burn my finger! Pretty much same setup as described above. GT2215/90, 30amp ESC, 3S 4000mAh Spektrum, 10/4.7 prop.
Try factory resetting your ESC. Timing may be set wrong.

Keno

Look for restriction on the firewall to motor mount. The burning smell could be the motor mount wood smoking. Just a thought.

M

MCNC

Look for restriction on the firewall to motor mount. The burning smell could be the motor mount wood smoking. Just a thought.

I had that happen on a wooden firewall where I did not drill the shaft hole large enough, it was just barely catching a cclip on the shaft.