Powerpack compatability

So im looking to get my father i to the hobby without him crashing my beutiful master series corsair :). Yet his favorite warbird is the corsair, so i want to build the mini master series for him as a gift. I see that it calls for the power pack F while i own the power pack A. Would it not be possible to just use a power pack A? Im still not the most adept person when it comes to motor knowledge so some help would be nice.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I would say yes, I don't see why not, it just won't go as fast.
But I'm also unsure of how good of a trainer the mini corsair is. But if that's what will get him in the hobby, then good luck

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
another option would be to scale the master series corsair down to 60%, that will fly with the A power pack, i think because it weighs a lot less than the mighty mini master series corsair

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Oh man...Having built the Mini Corsair, I would REALLY recommend against it for a first plane for him. That thing is a handful - these smaller planes are so unforgiving on their CG, and it'll be all over the place if it's not right. Get him flying first on another plane first and use the Mini Corsair as a 2nd or 3rd plane. I get that it might be his favorite, but it is just not something for a brand new pilot to wreck 10 seconds into its maiden flight, as it'll just make him go, "Nope. I'm no good at this."

Get him up with the Tiny Trainer and the promise of a Mini Corsair once you get him flying successfully instead...

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Oh man...Having built the Mini Corsair, I would REALLY recommend against it for a first plane for him. That thing is a handful - these smaller planes are so unforgiving on their CG, and it'll be all over the place if it's not right. Get him flying first on another plane first and use the Mini Corsair as a 2nd or 3rd plane. I get that it might be his favorite, but it is just not something for a brand new pilot to wreck 10 seconds into its maiden flight, as it'll just make him go, "Nope. I'm no good at this."

Get him up with the Tiny Trainer and the promise of a Mini Corsair once you get him flying successfully instead...
ft simple scout is also a docile flyer, may be more entertaining to, he will get to fly a plane and not just this funny boxy thing with wings, more appealing i guess is the phrase

Maxx

Totally agree ! The Corsair is one of my favorite too but I fly the FT Tiny Trainer and the FT Simple Cub . I'm not ready to fly warbirds yet,they're too fast. Tiny Trainer with a A-Pack is a very good trainer.

Peeg

Put in an aura, and the A pack on 3S is plenty of power for a newbie. Probably even vertical.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
So im looking to get my father i to the hobby without him crashing my beutiful master series corsair :). Yet his favorite warbird is the corsair, so i want to build the mini master series for him as a gift. I see that it calls for the power pack F while i own the power pack A. Would it not be possible to just use a power pack A? Im still not the most adept person when it comes to motor knowledge so some help would be nice.
Put in an aura, and the A pack on 3S is plenty of power for a newbie. Probably even vertical.
I agree aura would make it real nice. Just be careful while tuning iit.

Phin G

Elite member
Just out of curiosity would a 1300kv motor work with the FT cub or would i have to purchase something else

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Just out of curiosity would a 1300kv motor work with the FT cub or would i have to purchase something else
1300kv doesn't mean much really. Telling us how big it is, how many cells, what prop do you plan to use etc. would be more helpful.

Phin G

Elite member
1300kv doesn't mean much really. Telling us how big it is, how many cells, what prop do you plan to use etc. would be more helpful.
Im probably going to use a 3 cell 2200mha lipo and a HQ 9x4.5 prop
Motor specs: 30mmx27mm

Last edited:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Im probably going to yuse a 3 cell 2200mha lipo and a HQ 9x4.5 prop
Motor specs: 30mmx27mm
Now I'll assume that's the size of the outside of the motor based on the prop, battery and kv. I'm really only good at visualizing motor size based off of stator size though... Do you have a link to it?

Phin G

Elite member
@Ketchup here is the motor
A8EAA639-E142-4310-9A4B-5F774BB76C55.jpeg
the link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...7DtCh10mgOHEA0YASABEgLOVvD_BwE&___store=en_us