• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printing my ME109 Tony

#1
Printing RC Planes … hmmmm … why not.

I got myself a nice and cheap Troxy X1 3d Printer, some nice Extensions from Thingiverse, the local Toolstore and a plan from 3dLabs and here we go.

Here are some pics from the printing process

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
 
#2
Yesterday i did some artwork on the plane. Just some basic me paint scheme with some nice decals. Weathering will be done in the next step

here's the fuselage … the pic of the wing will follow

IMG_2453.jpg
 

Chuppster

Well-known member
#8
Hi Chuppster thx for th hint, i already did this … the print-pic's are from the first print … i missed to do some pic from the second print with the higher retraction distance an speed
Cool! Have fun with it, and give yourself plenty of room to land. It can be tricky to get this bird to slow down.
 
#9
Damn … yesterday i just wanted to finally mount all the electronics and setup the receiver for the maiden flight which is planned for Saturday... It turned into a nightmare as i noticed that one of the aileron servos was tilt by some CA glue ... It took me two hours to remove the glued-in servo from the wing and replace it … after that i noticed that the pushrods for the elevator and the rudder are too short … and finally the printed spinner cracked during the motor test ;-( …

… So, there are still some things to do this evening, at least my wattmeter showed me some nice numbers … 4S will bring up to 350Watts on full speed on a Turnigy D3530/14 1100KV with a 8x6 prop … :)
 

Chuppster

Well-known member
#10
Damn … yesterday i just wanted to finally mount all the electronics and setup the receiver for the maiden flight which is planned for Saturday... It turned into a nightmare as i noticed that one of the aileron servos was tilt by some CA glue ... It took me two hours to remove the glued-in servo from the wing and replace it … after that i noticed that the pushrods for the elevator and the rudder are too short … and finally the printed spinner cracked during the motor test ;-( …

… So, there are still some things to do this evening, at least my wattmeter showed me some nice numbers … 4S will bring up to 350Watts on full speed on a Turnigy D3530/14 1100KV with a 8x6 prop … :)
I like to use hot glue for the servos. A little denatured alcohol will expedite removal :).