Help! problem with the RPM of a motor.

gourabjit singha

Hi ,
I tries making a ft guinea pig. i could make the model fine but i got stuck in the electrical part. as we know t has two motors. in my case the two motors are not running in a sync. although both the motors have same kv rating but one seems to have more rpm than the other. and this makes the plane shift one way. it would be great if anyone a can help me with this.
Thank you.

Tench745

Master member
Did you calibrate the ESC`s? Do you have both props spinning the same direction?
Calibrating ESCs is usually pretty easy:
Take off your props. Power on the radio and put throttle stick all the way up. Power on the aircraft and wait for some beeps from the motors. Put the throttle stick back to zero; more beeps from the motor. That's it, they're calibrated!

I would double check that both props have the same diameter and pitch. If you do all of the above and it's still mis-behaving, check your radio to make sure you don't have a problem with a mix. (if you're using mixing)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
+1 on the ESC calibrations.
Also make sure the props are on the correct way, the numbers should be facing the direction of travel. If one is backwards, it will only produce about 40% of the expected thrust.

Do the motors have the same or separate batteries?

Last edited:

gourabjit singha

+1 on the ESC calibrations.
Also make sure the props are on the correct way, the numbers should be facing the direction of travel. If one is backwards, it will only produce about 40% of the expected thrust.

Do the motors have the same or separate batteries?
thanks for the info on props i didn't know that.