Proper FPV scratchbuild

Ok, so i have yet to see a proper FPV plane designed specifically for FPV. I'd like it to fit the following critieria:

1 - Foamboard build of course
2 - NOT Swappable - needs to be pusher and the swappable fuse would just get in the way.
3 - single tail - no twin boom
4 - Landing gear would be nice, or at least the option for it
5 - Single motor to keep cost of build down
6 - Carries a decent amount of weight
7 - Stable

Bixler, i know you could do this, it would be cake. I'm gonna try my hand at it, unless i see signs that you have plans to do something. There are plenty of air frames out there. Something simlar to the FPV Raptor, Skywalker or the Bixler would be great.

Anyone else like to see this happen? I'm sorry, but the fowl flyer, ft cruzer and the Versa just don't cut it. They are not purpose built for FPV. I want something that is designed just for FPV.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Ok, so i have yet to see a proper FPV plane designed specifically for FPV. I'd like it to fit the following critieria:

1 - Foamboard build of course
2 - NOT Swappable - needs to be pusher and the swappable fuse would just get in the way.
3 - single tail - no twin boom
4 - Landing gear would be nice, or at least the option for it
5 - Single motor to keep cost of build down
6 - Carries a decent amount of weight
7 - Stable

You mean something like this?

you could grass-slide launch/land it, but probably could adapt a set of LG.

RoyBro

Mentor
Or this?

Not a pusher, two motors, I know. But still an awesome FPV platform where the motors don't get in the way.

Last edited:
Both are great platforms. The Mickey's rc is a monster though. I built that once, and its just massive, not easy to put in the trunk, and not very efficient use of power either. Flies great though.

The Cruiser is a great machine, and i've thought of building one, but I really don't want 2 motors. 2 motors means more battery draw, and I don't really wanna carry more battery unless it means more flight time. I'm currently running 3300's and getting 25 minutes plus on it with a single motor. Don't really want to cut that down much. And i certainly don't want to run two. This is by far their best fpv ship to date, just not the best it could be.

I love EA stuff, and have used a lot of his ideas in my builds. I think I'm just gonna have to adopt landing gear to my Specter and go from there. The Specter flies so well, and its an easy one to build. This winter I'll put something together that resembles most FPV planes out there. I just want a simple design, landing gear ready and somewhat pleasing to the eye. Thanks for the ideas guys.