PT-17 Stearman

PT-17 Stearman 1.0

Please log in to download

Flying Farm Kid

Ok I will hopefully get to making the files in the next week or so, or whenever I start building.
I will try to post the files as well.

Also, can you laser cut using the full sized plans or do you have to modify them.

luvmy40

Elite member
Will it work with laser too? Can you pass vector files? I am unable to modify them
The plans, while freely given by Ben and Dan, are write protected for a reason. It is not really that difficult to trace them in Ink Scape. If both Dan and Ben approved it, I'd happily share my edited plans. That is not my call to make.

Flying Farm Kid

I am going to visit flite test on Thursday with my grandparents and was hoping to ask them to cut out this airframe for me.
That's why I am wondering.
My parents wont let me get a laser cutter yet, they already don't like my 3d printer.

The plans, while freely given by Ben and Dan, are write protected for a reason. It is not really that difficult to trace them in Ink Scape. If both Dan and Ben approved it, I'd happily share my edited plans. That is not my call to make.
Unfortunately I don't know how to use Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator, I've searched for tutorials but none that explain how to import planes and process them.

Ok I will hopefully get to making the files in the next week or so, or whenever I start building.
I will try to post the files as well.

Also, can you laser cut using the full sized plans or do you have to modify them.
That would be great
I've always imported the other plans to lightburn as they are

Flying Farm Kid

This is a dxf file I changed in Incscape I do not knw if it is compatible for laser cutting could someone try?

Attachments

• 439494_68e87e19c5c912eda039de9beeeb35f8.dxf
    210 bytes · Views: 0

Flying Farm Kid

Saving it saves it to LightBurn, but doesn't open it
What about this one
If you want to do this yourself all you have to do is download incscape, download the free plans, in incscape click the files, then open, click on the plans pdf and chose the import settings, try both types interal, less detailed or poppler, more detailed, then select the page you want to open,you will first have to unselect all pages, then click ok. Once you did that it should of opened that page. you can then click file then save as. in the file type menu click one of the two dxf files to chose from. then export. The file will go to the same place that you selected the pdf from. I hope this is Helpful, Jed

Attachments

• 439494_68e87e19c5c912eda039de9beeeb35f8.dxf
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
What about this one
If you want to do this yourself all you have to do is download incscape, download the free plans, in incscape click the files, then open, click on the plans pdf and chose the import settings, try both types interal, less detailed or poppler, more detailed, then select the page you want to open,you will first have to unselect all pages, then click ok. Once you did that it should of opened that page. you can then click file then save as. in the file type menu click one of the two dxf files to chose from. then export. The file will go to the same place that you selected the pdf from. I hope this is Helpful, Jed
many thanks, i will try.

Draftman1

Autocad will let you drop it in as a pdf but it has to be traced completely.
I’m sure most other drafting programs will let you do the same.