Putting Headers on my Flip32

ElJosh

Hello everyone,

I'm getting close to getting my quad together, today I started to get my board ready while I wait for the last of my parts. So I was checking over everything, and found two things I had a question about.
First do I put a header on the pin closest to the rcd label?
20150115_155423.jpg
I have right angle headers for the rest of them, but didn't notice that when I was cutting the headers.
20150115_155404.jpg
Also what do those pins do?

My next question is, what is this wire do? I don't remember.
20150115_155436.jpg
They have a picture of it going into a DSMx Rx.
11-25-2014_8-05-21_pm.jpg

Thanks for the help

PhenomPilot

You don't need to solder the header pins on if you aren't going to use it. More clutter and likely to get damaged. I only soldered on 4x3 headers for motor and 1x3 header for cppm rx.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
It's odd that it comes with an inverter that includes servo leads. The Flip32 pictured above also has a Spektrum satellite port, so in theory, the spektrum satellite would just plug straight into that.

This image shows the PPM row as the one closest to the Spektrum sat. port: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/249/image/1874/

BTW, it might be useful to solder a set of 4 pins to the serial uart port (the same picture above with the connections to the minimOSD) -- because that will allow you to plug in a bluetooth module, but I'm having problems with the BT module handshaking with my Flip32 at the moment.

ElJosh

I was wondering about the cable too since, I got the sat port with the board. Should I try just the sat port before putting the other headers for the cable?

So how does just having the Sat Rx work?

Last edited: