Rate my quadcopter setup

tneun

Nicolas
Hello guys,
I am planning to build a quadcopter, and have almost a year experience with rc planes (thanks to FliteTest for getting me into this amazing hobby). So I choose some parts for my 250 size quadcopter and want to know what you guys think of my setup.

Base
Frame: EMAX Nighthawk 250 Pro II
Motors: EMAX cooling 2204 2300KV
Escs: FVT Littlebee 20A
FC: Naze32 10DOF rev5
Rx: Frsky Delta 8

FPV
Video Tx and Camera: Eachine 700tvl 110 degrees

Other
14 Awg cable
PCB with 5v and 12v BEC
5v buzzer (I already lost a plane with flying FPV, and don't want this to happen again)

Still searching for some good batteries and size. Think I will buy some 1500mah 3s ones. Do you guys have any suggestments on good batteries. I normally flew with zippy batteries, but they didn't last that long...
Hope these are all the parts I need and that they're sufficient for getting me in the air.

I moved from Europe to the states. Since I order some stuff from China I want to know how the system over here works when ordering stuff from China. Do I have to pay any taxes or import fees? I live in Colorado in case this had anything to do with it.

Thank you guys so much, and happy landings :)

Nicolas

Also excuse me for my bad englisch, but I didn't have so much englisch lessons on high school...

ExperimentalRC

I am very happy with my MRM Zeus/FVT Littlebee ESCs. They perfom noticeably better than my sn20s. I have also had good experiences with eMac motors. They are a bit heavy, but very robust. Also, what props are you planning on running?

tneun

Nicolas
I am very happy with my MRM Zeus/FVT Littlebee ESCs. They perfom noticeably better than my sn20s. I have also had good experiences with eMac motors. They are a bit heavy, but very robust. Also, what props are you planning on running?

Thank you for your feedback! I'll just buy the cheapest 5x4 props I can find on bang good. Do you have any experience with these props: http://www.banggood.com/6-Pairs-Gemfan-5040-CW-CCW-ABS-Propellers-For-ZMR250-QAV250-280-180-RC-Multirotors-p-1007458.html?

What battery do you suggest?

And what did you think of the of de quadcopter parts?

Nicolas

tneun

Nicolas
Gems will do for training but look at Simon k 12 amps their pretty cheap and you can get them with a package deal here: http://www.besthobbymall.com/night-...-fiber-quadcopter-aircraft-frame-combo-1.html
My quad is the package above with 6 inch props.Also what battery are you running

Thanks, is the rest of the setup ok? Will check the escs out.
I don't have any batteries yet, but always flew with zippy. I'm not so happy with the quality of te zippys, so want to know what batteries you use? I think I'll go with 1500, but like a said I don't have so much experience with batteries for quads.

Thank you!

Nicolas

tneun

Nicolas
what i started on is a turnigy 1500 but if you want power an a spec high c 3s should do oh and one more thing what fc a naze.
i too am still in school so i get being on a budget when i started out i had a lot of restrictions from lack of money.
check my v2 nighthawk pro thread for any help and if you need anything let me know
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?20291-Airhawk-s-Nighthawk-250
hope this helps
-Airhawk

Thanks,
Will go for a 1500 30c battery, think this will give me plenty of power. Still don't know what brand, heart some good things about turnigy. What do you think?

Yes will go with the naze, because I love the futures you have in baseflight. It's a rev 5 with all the chips, because it was somehow cheaper. I think about 21 dollars.

Always thought I was the only one with not enough money, because they're still on high-school. All of my money will go into this quadcopter (planes are a lot cheaper!) so hope that everything will work out perfectly

Nicolas

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Thanks,
Will go for a 1500 30c battery, think this will give me plenty of power. Still don't know what brand, heart some good things about turnigy. What do you think?

Yes will go with the naze, because I love the futures you have in baseflight. It's a rev 5 with all the chips, because it was somehow cheaper. I think about 21 dollars.

Always thought I was the only one with not enough money, because they're still on high-school. All of my money will go into this quadcopter (planes are a lot cheaper!) so hope that everything will work out perfectly

Nicolas

trunigy batteries have been good so far i love my 1500 but once you get better a spec or high c batteries are the way to go
base flight is okay but i love cleanflight because i find it easy to use im thinking of switching to the new betaflight soon but i have to mess with PIDs before that haven't got the chance.Oh and make sure you tune with expos to start with find that perfect handling and improve it helps a lot when your learning to fly one tip i regret following is to use your flight controller dont just fly with it research,tune,and enjoy your fc.
This battery has some room for power if you want
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26451
but the standard 1500 30-50c battery will do
Hope this helps
-Airhawk

tneun

Nicolas
trunigy batteries have been good so far i love my 1500 but once you get better a spec or high c batteries are the way to go
base flight is okay but i love cleanflight because i find it easy to use im thinking of switching to the new betaflight soon but i have to mess with PIDs before that haven't got the chance.Oh and make sure you tune with expos to start with find that perfect handling and improve it helps a lot when your learning to fly one tip i regret following is to use your flight controller dont just fly with it research,tune,and enjoy your fc.
This battery has some room for power if you want
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26451
but the standard 1500 30-50c battery will do
Hope this helps
-Airhawk

thank you! I bought these batteries and they look promising. Sorry for the late comment, but I was pretty busy helping with the movement and so on.
I will buy the parts as listed above, but had some problems with paying on banggood with paypal. Will ask my stepdad to order the stuff since I've never bought anything from banggood and don't trust them if I pay with creditcard.

If anyone else wants to rate my setup, please feel free to.

Nicolas