RCModelReviews (Bruce Simpson) has been keeping tabs on Flitetest!

con244

Hey Dogman, what is the email address of the MFNZ site? I want to send a email as well. It's a disgrace what they are trying to do to Bruce and Barry. I doubt a email will make much difference, as I am sure that the MFNZ probably gets a lot of sponsorship from the model shops and wholesale suppliers and they are the ones causing Bruce's grief but maybe if they can be shown how silly and foolish they look they may just back off. Problem is I don't think that Bruce will back off either, he is a man of principals!
Con

earthsciteach

As I live in the US, I doubt an email from me will have any impact. But, if I can add the slightest bit of agitation to MFNZ, I'll email. I very much enjoy Bruce's videos and respect him as someone whom I can trust in his assessment of equipment.

Dogman

The way I got through is via their website/contacts. Comes up with a list of all office bearers,photos,email links...If we can get the word out t other fliers then the NZ Civil Aviation Authority might get the idea that the MFNZ monopoly on issueing flying " licences" may institute a conflict of interest. Also thebad press will stick if they refuse to budge. AND lastly they will look like the petty insular twits they seem to be. Come on Josh and Josh...use your power for good.

Dogman

EST....doesnt matter being in US....pressure from anywhere will eventually win....its a matter of momentum speed and lift.

con244

I have just sent a letter to the Director of the NZ Civil Aviation Authority explaining the situation and asking if the CAA could investigate the role that MFNZ has in granting accreditation to use airport for model flying. Don't supposed he will read it but I will send one to MFNZ later today. The address of the director is graeme.harris@caa.govt.nz. I urge all to do the same but keep it nice, no threats or things that are counter productive.
Con

robschonk

I figured the least I could do was help the guy who has helped me so much, so i went to his website, http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/ and made a donation to help him in the fight, and help support him and his wife.

Scroll down to the bottom of his page, and you can make a donation thru PayPal. Now dammit! Don't just sit there.....

Last edited:

zev

lumpy member
"Unfortunately MFNZ will ignore your email and simply blame me for the fact that their mailboxes are filled to capacity -- so I don't advise this. Besides which, they knew full well the impact this would have on their organisation's reputation before they took the steps that they did. I think MFNZ MEMBERS ought to be asking why they have chosen to cause such harm to the reputation of their national body by doing this."-Bruce Simpson

if they take away Barry's flying wings I am gonna get over there and punch them in the face. seriously.

Last edited:

con244

All the more reason to send a letter to the NZ Civil Aviation Authority asking if they are happy being involved in a political stoush between MFNZ and a member of the public.
Con

AndyGray

What's the latest news in the saga with Bruce? Also, he hasn't posted any videos in a while, is everything okay?

earthsciteach

I'm afraid that Bruce won't get his wings back if he keeps referring to the model association as, "a bunch of grumpy old men." LOL

It really is a shame that they would revoke his flying privileges in the first place. I am a fan of his channels. Really good content.