RCTimer DJI-style Arm Dimensions

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi there, colorex here.

I'm in the planning stage of making a quadcopter frame like the TBS Discovery / OFM Seeker / Reptile500 etc.

I am going to use the RCTimer version of the DJI arms, included with this frame kit:

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=686&productname=

However I haven't ordered any arms yet, never ever seen them other than in pictures.

I need to know the hole pattern for these arms, to make plans for lasercutting plywood.

Would anyone be so kind to provide these measurements? I have found some on other threads but they are not complete.

Distances shown in attachment:

F: distance between the two bottom holes.
G: height of root of arm (inner distances between top and bottom plate.

I'd appreciate tolerances within 0.2 mm, use of calipers encouraged over rulers.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and answers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Custom Locust Frame-Model.png
    Custom Locust Frame-Model.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,617

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
A=22.5mm
B=16.0mm
C=20.0mm
D=07.5mm
E=38.0mm

Hole Location on bottom of arm for attachment to bottom plate is 20mm between centers wide and in same plane through the arm as A dimension holes. 6 screws per arm / 4 top and 2 bottom.

Thurmond

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Andre, Yes BUT see my corrected measurements above.

Thurmond

Could you provide the height (inner distance between plates) and the distance between the bottom holes? I believe they are different from the top ones.

Tritium

Could you provide the height (inner distance between plates) and the distance between the bottom holes? I believe they are different from the top ones.

27mm. Edit changed from wrong measurement.

Thurmond

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Man I am having trouble reading these calipers, 27mm between plates.

Thurmond

You should get some sleep, Thurmond.

I downloaded the plans for the ov3rquad, plate offset distance is 36.9mm there...

Don't take offense, I make many repeated mistakes myself sometimes.

I'll post a diagram later, to clear things up. Thanks a lot for your help!

Tritium

You should get some sleep, Thurmond.

I downloaded the plans for the ov3rquad, plate offset distance is 36.9mm there...

Don't take offense, I make many repeated mistakes myself sometimes.

I'll post a diagram later, to clear things up. Thanks a lot for your help!

Not a lack of sleep. I am studying for my Extra Class ham license and the math is making me crazy. I haven't had to use my algebra, Trig or calculus since I was 20 and that was 34 years ago. I am remembering how much I have forgotten.

Andre you are absolutely correct. I grabbed my 800mm frame to measure the distance between plates and it is 27mm. The frame you linked IS 37mm as measured on my quad frame from RCTimer. My bad. Definitely ignore any thickness measurements till I check them again. Other dimensions should be the same though. I will remeasure and post any discrepancies tomorrow.

Thurmond

Tritium

E is 31mm

The rest of my measurements in post # 2 are good at second check.
As stated in Post # 13, 37mm is the distance between upper and lower plate.

Thurmond

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well :$ I haven't updated the drawing yet, but my RCTimer frame is here. I like the looks of the FG plates, the holes don't really line up but I'm not using those anyway. I'll finish up my drawing and get those laser cut plywood plates down from Quito as soon as possible.

Apart from the holes not lining up (which can be easily fixed) I like the RCTimer package a lot.

Unlike HobbyKing who ship in boxes, RCTimer shipped my stuff in a bubblewrap envelope. Items in it:

Plates

IMG_9916_zps80206c64.jpg

Screws

IMG_9919_zpsa8c91d0c.jpg

Velcro straps

IMG_9917_zps17e20e32.jpg

Zip ties and Hex key

IMG_9918_zps504a4ec6.jpg

Arms

IMG_9920_zps07367e16.jpg

IMG_9921_zps44bd269a.jpg

IMG_9922_zps8a13cbcc.jpg

Quickly assembled frame, to see what it looks like

IMG_9915_zpsbd36da95.jpg

This will give me enough fun to start finishing (LOL) the plans for the plates.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Looks familiar to me :D

RCTIMER KIT is far superior than HK KIT

rctimer have 2 bags of screws labeled, HK have just 1 bag with a fixed size and they were not enough to complete my frame. Also HK is 2.5mm and rctimer is 3mm screw.

Rctimer kit have a velcro, a battery strap, zip ties and a allen wrench; HK kit have just a velcro and no zip ties or battery strap.

Colorex i would suggest you take it easy on the assembling, the head of the screw is soft ! so is the crappy allen wrench.

looking closely to the picture, i can see that you only fitted the frame with one screw on each side ... good job !

Last edited: