Scaling to 185% question

greg b.

I see that FT advertises that you can scale any of their master series planes using the scaling factor of 185%. Is there something special about the size of the master series that makes 185% the correct scaling factor? I'm interested in purchasing the new FT zero plane and scaling it up. Would 185% be the correct scaling factor for that plane also? If not, how does one figure out what a good factor would be based on the size of the plane being scaled?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Welcome to the forums and the hobby my friend. I like the tonacity to run a 185% unit man. You got the skills put them to work! The 185% comes from thefact that the big FT Monster FB works out to work at exactly 185% for the plans to fit the FB used for the job. Use the Monster FB and print plans at 185% and you are good as gold. If you use other FB, then you need to work out the provisions in the build.

Good Luck and cant wait for the results man, keep posting

greg b.

Welcome to the forums and the hobby my friend. I like the tonacity to run a 185% unit man. You got the skills put them to work! The 185% comes from thefact that the big FT Monster FB works out to work at exactly 185% for the plans to fit the FB used for the job. Use the Monster FB and print plans at 185% and you are good as gold. If you use other FB, then you need to work out the provisions in the build.

Good Luck and cant wait for the results man, keep posting
Well, there are no plans for the new Zero available so I'll have to trace the pieces I guess and make my own plans. Here we go! Thanks for the quick reply!