Scratch Build 1400mm P-39

BoilerScale

The model is pretty much done now. I modeled the canopy, prop assembly, and finished the wings up. Now all that's left is to work on the internal structure, flaps, ailerons, wing attachment, and landing gear. My first prototype will be a belly lander then I'll add retracts once I get the kinks worked out. Just to test my work and see how big this thing will be, I rough cut some pieces and formed them. Helped me see what I need to change, especially with the tail section (please excuse my horrible master series folding gonna work on them when I get the P-47).

airacrobra_020920.png

20200208_165153.jpg

BoilerScale

Got crackin on an internal structure mock up, first full prototype build will start this weekend. Might do FEA on the structure just for fun but that'll be for another day. I'm just focused on getting this done first and then starting a second plane for Flite Fest (hint: it'll be some kind of Vietnam era jet, also @Splinter189 any Cold War Jets coming down the line?).

internal_structure.png

Splinter189

Master member
Got crackin on an internal structure mock up, first full prototype build will start this weekend. Might do FEA on the structure just for fun but that'll be for another day. I'm just focused on getting this done first and then starting a second plane for Flite Fest (hint: it'll be some kind of Vietnam era jet, also @Splinter189 any Cold War Jets coming down the line?).

View attachment 157876
Actually yes, Won't be long :)

BoilerScale

Got the lower part of the wing assembled with the spar and finished sheeting the center section of the fuselage. Also started experimenting with a top hatch for electronics and battery. Wing is also being designed to be removable so I can fit the plane in my focus. Here's a test fit and holy crap it's massive.

20200301_210114.jpg

BoilerScale

Unfortunately due to coronavirus, my internship got ended early. Since I suddenly have to move, the airacobra is going to have to go on the backburner for a bit until I return to school. I'm bringing a bunch of RC stuff with me when I go home for these next few months, and with all this new unemployment freetime, I'll probably start on some other design. It's just the airacobra would be too much of a hassle to lug across the country with all my other stuff. As far as what to make in the meantime, not sure yet but I have some 55mm edf's and will probably do something with those.