Scratch Build F-5 Freedom Fighter (MiG-28 from Top Gun)

Hello fellow flyers!

This is my first post here on the forums but I'm not a new pilot.

Home Built F-5 Freedom Fighter
Today I finished this F-5 that I built from scratch. Unfortunately I had to use black foam because the store ran out of weight, so no fancy paint schemes on it.
I know about all the weird design issues this aircraft has but it was a prototype and it did what it was made to do. The F-5 is a relatively thin aircraft so when I made the cut away for the motor it gave up all its strength so I needed to put that big halve dome over it and that ended up working the best in order to reinforce it with out totally running the way the plane looked. If it looks bad it fly's bad!

IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4174.JPG IMG_4175.JPG IMG_4176.JPG IMG_4177.JPG

For those asking...
The FP-122 I have on there is how I designate my RC planes, FP is my designation code for "Fast Peruser/Fighter" and the 122 is just the number its given, it started by counting up from 109 and now its at 122.

IMG_4172.JPG

If you would like to see the flight video, I have it posted on my YouTube channel, with many other RC airplane projects like a TSR-2 high speed jet or a Coca-Cola plane. check that out if you would like to see :)

Video:

Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully Ill be as active as some of you guys but I'm still learning this whole system.
Leave any questions comments, or advice please!

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Welcome. Would you happen to have plans for that? Been thinking about building a plane in that build style and yours is a neat one.