Scratch build Su-47 ideas?

Lancenlink

Ok so here goes my 3rd post on this amazing website. To summarize this thread, This is going to be my first scratch build without plans and I was wondering if you had any suggestions.

Now that the summary is over here's my idea. The Russian Su-47 has been a favorite of mine for many reasons, it is super maneuverable due to the swept forward wings, thrust vectoring with rear horizontal stabilizer with canards (that's a lot of pitch control), Comes in black, and finally I have two 70mm edf's ready to fly!
Sukhoi_Su-47_Berkut_(S-37)_in_2001.jpg
Contrary to belief, The Su-47 is not in fact Nasa's X-29 aka the non-Stronk backwards wing.
X-29_from_front_perspective.jpg

Attachments

• X-29_from_front_perspective.jpg
    X-29_from_front_perspective.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 1

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
This will be a tricky one to design. As long as you're willing to have it a bit boxy, the actual airframe shouldn't be too hard to build (probably do prototypes built similar to the FT-22 then add complexity as you move forward.) The challenge will be designing the wing. I'm no Aeronautical engineer, but from my (albeit limited) experience, there is no need for special aerodynamic design in an FSW. Start experimenting with airfoils until you find one that suits your needs and move form there. AS for the thrust vectoring, I'd suggest browsing thingiverse, there are some TV nozzles on there if I remember correctly. Good luck! Be sure to post updates.