Scratch building a Bald Eagle

HilldaFlyer

That is so cool! Great paint job. Makes me jealous.

I started an eagle 3 years ago and it is sitting on the shelf like a flattened pigeon. Actually, the wings are foiled so it would hopefully have lift, like and eagle. Here is where I wanted to fly mine:

kobi8Q1sOeZ1XNsP1otDoHEJY9oVbKq6V3NleVdypjUDOUXY3dY-SnMdKgL1hx_6kbpL-j7icd06B5khlvRFMzc04No_koLp568Vm6nimHPqXOU_uYOFx7t21p37rLjMJwLlC88c

Unsolicited advice... looks like the bird is tail heavy or the tail feathers are pulling up. It looks like it has that tendency to pull up when gaining speed so it is a stall, nose down gain speed nose up oscillation.
Best of luck - I'm following.

leon

rc eagel

good looking bird could you help me out on a good motor set up and is cg in spot on plans

Blackbeltrrf

That is so cool! Great paint job. Makes me jealous.

I started an eagle 3 years ago and it is sitting on the shelf like a flattened pigeon. Actually, the wings are foiled so it would hopefully have lift, like and eagle. Here is where I wanted to fly mine:

kobi8Q1sOeZ1XNsP1otDoHEJY9oVbKq6V3NleVdypjUDOUXY3dY-SnMdKgL1hx_6kbpL-j7icd06B5khlvRFMzc04No_koLp568Vm6nimHPqXOU_uYOFx7t21p37rLjMJwLlC88c

Unsolicited advice... looks like the bird is tail heavy or the tail feathers are pulling up. It looks like it has that tendency to pull up when gaining speed so it is a stall, nose down gain speed nose up oscillation.
Best of luck - I'm following.

Thanks for the painting compliments and insight on flight. You are right it was tail heavy then. That was the 2nd flight at the time and now she is an old bird with more flights on her than I can count. I still have her and maybe I will bring her out when I get a chance to show you how she flies now. A very relaxing Sunday afternoon flying tentacles is what she is. I used to get other birds checking her out frequently when I used to fly her. She has been hanging in my den for a good while retired.

Blackbeltrrf

good looking bird could you help me out on a good motor set up and is cg in spot on plans

Sorry for the delay Leon on a response. This is an old post of mine and I simply have not been monitoring it. Jamboree is exactly right. This bird doesn't take much to fly her. She has been retired and hanging in the den for a while but when I did fly her I would get her up high and cut throttle then glide and soar and just use throttle to regain height and repeat. A great relaxing bird to fly.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Blackbeltrrf, I am not sure if you originated this FB design or not but it seems that yours is the first post i can find on this site.

Sadly your design and plans have appeared on another forum - Mad Scratch Builders - without any notification as to the origin of the design. The plans (PDFs) posted are your original files.

Whilst this may appear trivial it does annoy me that someone might take all of your work and claim it as his own. They are even getting someone to make it into a FT type design.

In my country this behaviour is inexcusable and outright WRONG! :mad:

Just a heads up! I think I will just go and take a Valium or something to try and calm down.

Have a great day and thank you for YOUR design.:applause:

Bob

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
So HL,

Now that you've discovered the other post's origin was not this thread but instead another RC magazine (that the other OP admits wasn't mentioned for several pages, but was posted long before you've joined our little community), are you willing to retract your accusation?

In my country accusing someone of something wrongly and stirring up trouble with no apology or retraction is "outright WRONG".

Unfortunately it happens regularly, but it's still poor form none the less.

While I understand your righteous anger, I believe it needs to be tempered with reality and grace, since you have found yourself blowing a misunderstanding up to embarrassing proportions.

I believe a retraction here is merited, as is an apology to the other OP (instead of a semantic argument over plan built vs. scratch built). Neither have done you harm but you have acted as such.

You are an adult, and I won't pretend to say I can force you to do what I see is right, but if you expect to retain moral high ground you will need to act as righteously as you demand of others.