Serial Receiver and Aura 5 Problem

I have the Aura 5 and i ordered a Serial Receiver from FT store. It's a SPM9747 and has a pigtail with 4 pins. The Aura 5 has a spot that you plug a serial into that is 3 pins.

So do I need to:

A. Get a 3 pin connector and rig it up - If A. what is the pinout wiring scheme for the aura?
B. Get a different serial receiver and return this one to FT.

I wish FT would put more specific detail on the site about this. There is very little about what is needed on the store page. AND if this one doesn't work it should say in big bold letters THIS WON'T WORK WITH AURA 5

This will be used in the 3D Printed Eclipson Batwing FPV.

Bricks

Master member
It will connect the Aura to the SPM9747 have to do some rewiring as you only need 3 wires and the fourth does not get used. Did you do a search around here I know it has been posted before.

It will connect the Aura to the SPM9747 have to do some rewiring as you only need 3 wires and the fourth does not get used. Did you do a search around here I know it has been posted before.

Thanks for your response. And it's good to know I can re-wire it.
Yes I did a search of the forum. There is no Aura forum I can find. and saw no other results about rewiring a serial receiver.
I also checked the google and didn't find what I was looking for.

Anyone know where I can get a wiring setup for the receiver? and what is the signal pin on the Aura?

Bifi.baarlo

I googled ft aura pinout and found some pictures of the aura, on the site of the manufacture you also can find a manual, the pinout is the same as every receiver, minus is on the edge of the board, plus in the middle of the three pins, the inner pin is signal.
On the receiver Black is minus, red is plus, other black is nc, brown is signal.