• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Servo jitters

85XJS

Just built the A-10 but I am getting constant jitters on both aileron servos. The elevator works fine. All servos are Tower Pro MG90.
Any one have problems like this?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
Y harness that crosses the esc to motor wires? Check for any power wires crossing signal wires and if they MUST cross make sure the crossing is at 90 degrees to ensure the least amount of inductance.

FastCrash45

Just built the A-10 but I am getting constant jitters on both aileron servos. The elevator works fine. All servos are Tower Pro MG90.
Any one have problems like this?
I was gonna say make sure the antenna is not close to the motors and that no power wires are crossing the antenna.

quorneng

You really need to start checking things by deduction.
Firstly swap over the elevator and aileron plugs on the rx. If the ailerons still jitter then you know it is not the Rx. If the elevator now jitters you know it is either the rx or the wiring.
Then if possible test each aileron servo directly connected to the rx using external leads or better still using a servo tester. If they work normally then you know it is the wiring. If one or both still jitter then you know it is the servos.

I always keep a 2s Lipo, spare servo leads, a spare servo and a servo tester 'on the bench' to do exactly this sort of testing.

@85XJS One other thing to consider is if it really a jitter or just the servo's straining to maintain control surface position. Did you check to make sure that your ailerons move freely? If your control surfaces are binding or require significant pressure to maintain position and if you used the hot glue method to strengthen the hinge line, you can simply take the tip of your hot glue gun and run the hot tip down the hinge line a few times to free it up.

Just a thought.

85XJS

So I ripped out the servo and found that with the servo lead and one 12" extention there is no jitter at all. Then connect it to a Y connector which is another 12" it jitters like crazy. I kept the antenna away from the wires. It seems like that extra length of wire picks up some interference. I wounder if a ferrite core would help?

Keno

So I ripped out the servo and found that with the servo lead and one 12" extention there is no jitter at all. Then connect it to a Y connector which is another 12" it jitters like crazy. I kept the antenna away from the wires. It seems like that extra length of wire picks up some interference. I wounder if a ferrite core would help?
Good Idea!