Servo motor and BLDC not working together on iA6B

ambiSk

Hi community,
I am making a trainer, and I am using an FPV 2300kv motor with 30A ESC. I am using SG90 mini servo.
The problem I am getting is when I throttle the BLDC using my FS-i6X (Tx), the BLDC turns ON, but if I turn on my servo at the same time, the BLDC turns off and restarts making a beep sound(as usual) and servos axis rotates.
They should work simultaneously, not one at a time.
My FS-i6X is at factory settings and I am new to electronics.
Please guide me on what to do!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
BLDC ? same here no idea what that is :unsure: unless your referring to a Brushless Linear Direct Current motor (BLDC) ?
The beeping suggests its the ESC (electronic speed controller), it may not have been initially set-up and calibrated from your throttle stick.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Manual ESC-by-ESC Calibration
  1. Plug your ESC three-wire cable into the throttle channel of the RC receiver. Make sure its the correct way around: Signal is yellow, white or orange/ Positive (+ve) is always the middle wire, red/ Negative is either black or brown (see picture below)
  2. Turn on the transmitter and set throttle stick to maximum (full up).
  3. Connect the LiPo battery to your ESC
  4. You will hear a musical tone then two beeps.
  5. After the two beeps, lower the throttle stick to full down.
Important: Remove your prop before you commence the set-up process, it could result in pain :cry: or worse :eek:.
1642358511412.png

Last edited:

ambiSk

Attachments

• 20220117_214312.jpg
    20220117_214312.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220117_214324.jpg
    20220117_214324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220117_214331.jpg
    20220117_214331.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hi,
Apologies for the late response.
Here BLDC is Brushless Direct Current motor.
The ESC is 30A.
@TheFlyingBrit initially I started with the method you suggested, after doing so this problem was happening. I have enclosed some photos of the connection.
Here is the video of what is exactly happening.
Let me know if you need anything else.

(Thank you @JasonK @Bricks @TheFlyingBrit for replying)
I have had that problem, And it is actually the servo. Make sure that nothing in there is shorting, as I had one of the wires lose its insulation on the inside and the signal and plus were shorting. that causes the current spike protection on the esc to go off, causing it to restart.

ambiSk

Hey @FlyerInStyle ,
So I checked and it looks there is no problem from the servo side, there is no loose wiring.
I don't have the tools to open up the ESC. Should I buy a new ESC?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
The ESC is 30A.

The BEC in the ESC is not a 30A, that is what the ESC part can do. I was asking what the BEC part could handle. but either way, one servo like that should be able to be handled by a BEC in a 30A ESC.

the BEC in that ESC is probably bad or something, it looks like your ESC is rebooting when you pull "any" power from the BEC.

ambiSk

The BEC in the ESC is not a 30A, that is what the ESC part can do. I was asking what the BEC part could handle. but either way, one servo like that should be able to be handled by a BEC in a 30A ESC.

the BEC in that ESC is probably bad or something, it looks like your ESC is rebooting when you pull "any" power from the BEC.
So should I change my ESC? If yes then can you recommend an ESC for the 2300kv FPV Motor.