Share your dumbest moments here!

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
A little offtopic but could we have pictures please? (y)
IMG_20210108_104440.jpg

The Fopster

Master member
On the second flight of my first ever own design "Master Series" style plane (a Hawker Sea Fury) I tried flying from an unfamiliar spot in an unfamiliar field. Apparently it messed with my perception of distance, because the plane was flying beautifully and I made a turn back towards myself to come in to land. Only realised the line of trees at the end of the field was between me and the plane rather than the other way around when there was a very loud and unpleasant noise, which coincided with my wings and tailplane stopping instantly whilst the front half of the fuse continued its' journey towards me. The wings came down from the tree in high winds overnight..
IMG_20200325_163503015.jpg

Phin G

Elite member
I once left the iron on an fc once soldering the battery lead on for too long and burnt through the fc. Don’t know how i did it but i didn’t have a positive wire lead plate.

Also i mounted a fc the wrong way and destroyed the usb port. I have also destroyed and lost countless prop nuts.

I am bad luck for flying

Edit: ooh i forgot. I might have forgot to tighten the battery bay door and it might have fallen out whilst flying and caused the battery to fall out and cased the plane to become a pro lawn dart.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
ooh i forgot. I might have forgot to tighten the battery bay door and it might have fallen out whilst flying and caused the battery to fall out and cased the plane to become a pro lawn dart.
Ummm I may have done that before except I velcro my batteries in and mine just got loose after a few dives and suddenly I lost control...

Marzipan

We had a rocket launch go a little sideways the other evening.

Seemed like a perfect opportunity to teach myself a bit about compositing and keyframing.

was that an explosion when it hit the roof or a cloud of dust?

I had that happen with my very first rocket. I was impatient and guess I didn't let the glue set long enough for the fins, they peeled off and it cartwheeled across the school yard.

clolsonus

was that an explosion when it hit the roof or a cloud of dust?

I had that happen with my very first rocket. I was impatient and guess I didn't let the glue set long enough for the fins, they peeled off and it cartwheeled across the school yard.

I actually added the explosion in with a video editing tool (free kdenlive ... using compositing and keyframing.) If you watch it frame by frame it's pretty easy to tell it's totally fake, but at full speed it's convincing. It did hit the roof (I think) and did make a loud sound when it hit ... that may have been the impact or the charge to blow off the nose cone/chute?

it was a fun experiment to see fly (fully 3d printed model rocket) and fun experiment on the video editing side too.