Share your dumbest moments here!

flyingkelpie

Elite member
I learned long ago... NEVER tell bad stories on ones self... no matter how minor hehe. Specially if you were in the military and have friends that served with you. They are quite willing to step up and retell them at any and all public occasions whether they were there when they happened live or not. They also add or remove details to suit the time and place at will so the stories twist more and more with each telling over time.
Definitely! I find myself doing that... :sneaky: So don't post here if you don't want you ego to be damaged.

b-29er

About crashed a 90mm Mirage at FF '19 because it got too dark to fly. The folks getting the night flyers out should have been a good indicator for me to get my butt on the ground. Wound up getting it back in one piece, but i lost orientation at least three times getting from the NE corner of the field back to terra firma.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
About crashed a 90mm Mirage at FF '19 because it got too dark to fly. The folks getting the night flyers out should have been a good indicator for me to get my butt on the ground. Wound up getting it back in one piece, but i lost orientation at least three times getting from the NE corner of the field back to terra firma.
Same often happens to me in broad daylight when I fly to far away. Silhouettes don't help orientation though.

Kai-003

I put my hand behind the prop to make sure it was spinning the right direction, but ofc it wasn't and it push backed right into my hand. Luckily it was just the FT Power Pack F motor on 3s and it was under 20% throttle. My finger and palm weren't too happy.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I put my hand behind the prop to make sure it was spinning the right direction, but ofc it wasn't and it push backed right into my hand. Luckily it was just the FT Power Pack F motor on 3s and it was under 20% throttle. My finger and palm weren't too happy.
Lucky that wasn't with a 90 2-stroke running at full beans :p I did that once, just nudged the tip of my finger into the prop tweaking the HSN and it deleted about 1/16 off the end of it. No it didn't feel good. Yes there was lots of blood

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Lucky that wasn't with a 90 2-stroke running at full beans :p I did that once, just nudged the tip of my finger into the prop tweaking the HSN and it deleted about 1/16 off the end of it. No it didn't feel good. Yes there was lots of blood
I've done that before with a 12 in prop and a small brushed motor when I was making a large swamp boat. that motor was a slow but really strong one (ouch!!!!!)

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
That isn't true. A wood prop will gladly take your finger off and just as easily as a plastic one. I have a 28" wood prop that would gladly chop any hand off in its path lol
one of the first times I heard of RC was from a Science channel show where a pilot who's middle figertip got cut off and turned into nothing by a 2 stroke 40 glow engine with a wood prop (kinda made me scared of rc for a bit). Appariently he got an experimental treatment to regrow his finger and that's why it was on the show. Speaking of the Science channel, anyone remember that Outragous Acts of Science episode with the FT circle plane? I actually saw that long before I discovered Flite Test.

OliverW

Legendary member
one of the first times I heard of RC was from a Science channel show where a pilot who's middle figertip got cut off and turned into nothing by a 2 stroke 40 glow engine with a wood prop (kinda made me scared of rc for a bit). Appariently he got an experimental treatment to regrow his finger and that's why it was on the show. Speaking of the Science channel, anyone remember that Outragous Acts of Science episode with the FT circle plane? I actually saw that long before I discovered Flite Test.
Yeah those props are certainly scary. What people don't realize is that even a FT mighty mini can do lots of damage to your hands

OliverW

Legendary member
I guess a wooden one would cut it a bit messy where as a plastic would slice it like a chefs knife just because the wood prop is less sharp.
Eh it wouldn't make a noticeable difference since either will hit you while doing thousands of RPM's haha