Shark Aero

SSgt Duramax

Here is a video showing how to straighten wire, works pretty good
I tried that, maybe i need to try again.

Hey if you havent maidened your model a, the b pack motor is a little anemic for the pla version. I dont know what you were planning to use but i would go with a bigger motor.

Also, I tossed mine (i know yours has gear) but it was a ground hugger until it got some speed up. It likes to go fast.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Haven't maidened yet, just printed some skis for it. I kind of figured that it was a little underpowered so I ended up swapping out the 2212 I had in it with a 2830 1300 kv so it should be plenty good with that
IMG_20220129_153701735.jpg

Blackbird3.3+

Hi all, gonna revive this dead thread! I'm having issues printing the Shark Aero RC. The GCODE they provided works...ish...but I'd rather slice my own files so I can add some z hop into the retractions since I've had the nozzle rip the print off the bed 5 hours in several times now. However, trying to slice the gills has been a nightmare. They only work in an old version of cura, using their profile, and what appears to be a decent slice ends up printing super oddly. The print head moves extremely slowly and barely extrudes anything, and the print comes out looking like I had the "fuzzy skin" setting on, even though I didn't. Did anyone else have a similar issue with this?

DurangoRC

I was looking at this one for my next plane, but I'm starting to see some of the issues BlackBird3.3+ spoke of. Slicing the stl files with current version of Cura doesn't appear to work properly.