Show your Warbird mods

TLMARK

Jaw Drop!
That is awesome!
Now all you have to do is take it to a putting green, and get some low angle, bad color shots. You couldn't tell the real thing apart.

Beautiful. Really well done.

thanks guys ;)

took some more today with her stablemates

3_001_zpsd23a84f0.jpg

3_001_01_zpsb62dec37.jpg

sun_014_zpsc0e845f3.jpg

sun_018_zps606acd1e.jpg

sun_027_zps65c643e6.jpg

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
OW! Some of those were very painful. A few looked like they made the best out of a bad situation. Others look like they made a small problem into a larger one.

Thanks for posting it. I enjoyed it, even though I spent most of the time puckering and cringing.

Your not kidding about the cringing part. Half of them looked like they need to kill the motor when hey were on the ground. Would have saved a few landing gear

WarbirdFan66

Awesome mod

This is my Parkzone MkIX Spitfire converted to a Mk1a, you would have to be rivet counting Spitfire Geek to spot the mods so I'll list the obvious ones:

1: The fin/rudder was re-shaped to look like a spitfire. (the Pz mk9 is totally wrong)

2: 14mm cut from the nose to reduce the length of the motor section.

3: Air intake is a different shape also this is a working air intake to cool the ESC.

4: Left radiator removed, new oil cooler to replace said radiator.

5: New exhausts 6 into 3, these are working exhaust and allow heat from the motor to escape.

6: Radio mast modded to correct shape and also to carry a radio wire to the fin.

7: Cannons and breach bulges removed and .303 machine gun ports fitted.

8: Tail wheel 100% scale tail wheel. this is removable to convert back if needed.

99_019_zps9dd2ffad.jpg

I hope you like it :D

Like it??? I Love it, man that is one hell of a mod...awesome work. I love what you have done with the cockpitarea and the motor, the exhaust look great aswell. Havnt seen many mods as good as yours in some time...thank you for sharing, its really inspiring to see your work.
Makes me even more excited about the new season, im so hoping for better weather here, anyway awesome work...and i hope to see more of your work in the future, keep modding, cheers :)

TLMARK

Thanks mate :) the weather in England has been terrible as well my flying fields are waterlogged. some much so that this might be my next mod

supermarine-spitfire-float-plane-01.png

Attachments

• supermarine-spitfire-float-plane-01.png
    222 KB · Views: 123

WarbirdFan66

Thanks mate :) the weather in England has been terrible as well my flying fields are waterlogged. some much so that this might be my next mod

Interesting idea :D, and i know what you mean. Here in nothern germany we still have ice and snow, and tons of it. I started thinking about skies in stead of weels, but even if i could put them on my planes, at -10°C and +10knts winds its not really fun to fly. That might cost you a finger or two, even with gloves on.
Looks like the only thing we can do right now is pray to the weathergods to make it go away...and soon, and built/mod new/old planes of course, for the upcoming season ;) cheers

TLMARK

Durafly Mk24 Spitfire

First mod on this was to swap to some more scale wheels

built_011_zps89923e5d.jpg

0FD95F4F-4EC6-4171-8E67-F841F45F2952-579-000000B6BCF2A014_zpsf253eec5.jpg

Pz MkIX wheels slightly bigger but much better looking.

Last edited:

WarbirdFan66

the new spitfire

very nice, first time i see this one out here...cant wait to hear and see more from you and what you think about it...how it flys and specialy if your goin to mod it a little...it looks like a nice flyer though..and all the videos i saw on the net were ok too, but no one with real spitfire experience...i was thinking about that one too but i have so many projekt on my hands right now, i cant start another one...anyway, nice plane, hope to hear more from you...happy flyin, cheers :)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor

Attachments

• IMG_7116.jpg
    IMG_7116.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7111.jpg
    IMG_7111.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7112.jpg
    IMG_7112.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 28

TLMARK

Very nice I have a great respect for Ming's (Windrider) war birds and looking at your pictures n video I can see the same applies to the SBD as well.

do you have any video of her in flight?

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I do not. I love the plane but it really does fly VERY scale. Its a total handful on takeoff and landing. She flies well but I think my mods have made the wing loading far too high for my liking. I have since retired her but her airframe is still in my hangar.

WarbirdFan66

a Bomber

yes very nice work man, took a look at your video too, really nice...you should post some videos of her in the air...and you said something about her wingload being to high...she looks pretty big and should carry a lot of weight (in theory)...anyway, nice plane buddy :)

WarbirdFan66

the renewed version

Hi guys,
i just finished the mod of my old Parkzone P-51 "Gunfighter", which was in serious need of an overhaul after years of service...so here a few pictures of the my new P-51 "Dreamgirl".

IMG_1700_300kb.jpg IMG_1704_300kb.jpg IMG_1711_300kb.jpg IMG_1717_300kb.jpg

These pictures are without ordnance yet, but i have a few nice wingrockets laying around, waiting to be mounted. Because the wing is not really made to except retracts i had to made a few changes, including the wheel door, which are not exactly P-51 like, still they work pretty good. The Motor and the rest of the electronics are more or less standard, at least for now. But im pretty sure im goin to change the motor soon to like a G15 710 kv from HobbyKing, or something similar so squeeze a little more performance out of it, enjoy the pictures :)

WarbirdFan66

the "Dreamgirl" mod video

Thanks TLMARK...and about the video, sure why not, just in case someone wants to mod his own P-51D.
So guys if you want to take a more detailed look at my mod...enjoy :)

TLMARK

I finally got around to repainting one of my Durafly 24's I also fitted a new motor I repainted it in 615 squadron from Biggin Hill in 1950.

Attachments

• 579438_446901338670512_1418029878_n.jpg
    579438_446901338670512_1418029878_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 27

WarbirdFan66

a new dress...

I finally got around to repainting one of my Durafly 24's I also fitted a new motor I repainted it in 615 squadron from Biggin Hill in 1950.

Awesome work man, i simply love your planes...so cool, great the new scheme, and the cockpit looks very cool too..i bet that was a lot of work...thanks for sharing :)