__

Are you in?

• Total voters

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I am going to try and build another kaddy in the next 3 weeks for our holiday down at the coast...
But I'm going to implement @mastermalpass 's idea of a flat packable plane...
So I can fit it in the car, without getting my head chopped off for trying to fit a big plane in the car 😂...
If you guys have any ideas.. please let me know
scale it down by 20%

Yawnsky24

Matthew, decided to give your plans a try. Cust out the foamboard last weekend and just finished installing the electronics. Not sure when Mother nature will let me get out to try it but I am looking forward to it.

Modifications: Reduced dihedral to 1 1/2 inch, added hatch in nose for battery, tail dragger landing gear.

I'll let you know as soon as I can maiden.

Jan
IMG_1369.jpg
IMG_1370.jpg
IMG_1371.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Matthew, decided to give your plans a try. Cust out the foamboard last weekend and just finished installing the electronics. Not sure when Mother nature will let me get out to try it but I am looking forward to it.

Modifications: Reduced dihedral to 1 1/2 inch, added hatch in nose for battery, tail dragger landing gear.

I'll let you know as soon as I can maiden.

Jan View attachment 217145 View attachment 217146 View attachment 217147
Oh my goodness 😍😍... She's beautiful 😍 do see ailerons? And that motor will give ye speed for sure 😜.

If you want you can push the power pod in a bit more so the spinner lines up with the front of the nose.. to make it look sleaker

Yawnsky24

Sorry, yes, should have mentioned, I reduced the dihedral and added ailerons. 4 x 9g servo's, C Radial motor and 10x4.5 prop. Balances at what I think should be correct CG with either a 1300 3S or 2200 3S battery under the hatch. Can't wait to fly it. Thank you for the plans!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Sorry, yes, should have mentioned, I reduced the dihedral and added ailerons. 4 x 9g servo's, C Radial motor and 10x4.5 prop. Balances at what I think should be correct CG with either a 1300 3S or 2200 3S battery under the hatch. Can't wait to fly it. Thank you for the plans!
CG was directly below the centre of the spar... I believe... But will check quickly

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I really want to hear how it acts with ailerons....
Also can you try to get some footage of it?

charlesrc2

I built a Sig Kadet Seniorita back in 2018. In this picture I have 50 in and 30 in. Also I have a EDF jet I built.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • trainer.JPG
    trainer.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 0