Singer Printer Table

Robert S

Picked up a antique Singer Sewing Machine today for $35. The plan is to turn this into a table to hold my 3D printer.

I think I'm going to take it apart, clean it and make sure its structurally sound but, its my intent to leave the well used look.

Its has a cast iron frame so its nice and heavy. Once I add the vibration isolation top, it should work great.

20220716_204715.jpg

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Picked up a antique Singer Sewing Machine today for $35. The plan is to turn this into a table to hold my 3D printer.

I think I'm going to take it apart, clean it and make sure its structurally sound but, its my intent to leave the well used look.

Its has a cast iron frame so its nice and heavy. Once I add the vibration isolation top, it should work great.

View attachment 228484
Perfect! Now if you can figure a way to power it with the treadle you're ready for the zombie apocalypse!

Tench745

Master member
I barely have the patience to hot-glue things together. That being said, I wonder what the weight savings and strength would be compared to glue.
I don't know that I'd do it with foam, but in balsa aircraft thread has been used for lots of things like hinges or mounting landing gear or cabane struts, or reinforcing various areas.