Sonar, GPS, Cleanflight Naze32 no worky :(

SlyVin

Hey new to all this.

Just build a size 450 quad with a Naze32 Full board. Did the basic settings using Cleanflight, the quad flies "fine" for now.

I installed a GPS and a Sonar and could not have any of them to work. (No Green indication in Cleanflight)

Anybody can help? Please don't link me to 1 yr old tutorials as I watched/read all of them already and they all use older version of cleanflight which did not do anything to me.

Some details:

Cleanflight v2.0.5
GPS: APM2.5 Ublox GYGPSV1 NEO-M8N
Got it to work with FTDI cable in U-Center, 3D lock and all. No luck in cleanflight... Yes I checked the Rx Tx wiring, even swapped them... Also, every time I reconnect to Cleanflight, the Protocol, Auto Baud & Auto config tabs in Configuration page goes back to default.

Sonar:HC-SR04
Connected to Pin 7&8 with a 1k Ohm resistor, open the Softserial ports, never seen it alive in cleanflight...

Anyone had any of those to work with Cleanflight and know any subtleties to make it happen? I can post a dum if needed, here is some screenshots too.

Anything would help! And if it is not meant to work, please let me know and I will stop wasting my time! ;)
Thanks! CF1.png CF2.png

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hi SlyVin,
You are asking a lot out of an older F1 processor based board. I have a feeling that the code for those features has been dropped from cleanflight for F1 boards in order to make room for just the basic flying routines and to have adequate performance just to fly. You should probably have a look at newer F3 or F4 controllers and consider using iNav firmware.

Cheers!
LitterBug

SlyVin

Wow.

Your comment just make so much sense, now I understand why any articles/post/tutorials were so old! I thought the Naze32 was good enough for whatever available settings/options in Cleanflight... I did some reading and will look for a more performant FC now!

Thanks so much! :cool: